Not heard about scan yet.

angelcake89

Reaction score
I had my midwife visit me for the booking in appointment on Monday the 22nd December, and said that she'd send off the paper work to get me booked in for a scan. Am I just being impatient or should I have heard by now?

Don't forget that there were only a few working days between 22nd December and now - and also the christmas post!

babyblonde said:
Don't forget that there were only a few working days between 22nd December and now - and also the christmas post!

I suppose, and I don't suppose they were doing paperwork on the days they were actually open.

I was referred to the midwifery team about 2 weeks before xmas and hadn't heard anything - was just saying yesterday I wonder why they haven't been in touch and sure enough the phone rang! :lol:

Give them a few days and if you haven't heard by the end of next week chase it up -that would be my advice.

:lol: ok thank you, At least I know I'm being a touch unreasonable now.

I had my midwife visit me for the booking in appointment on Monday the 22nd December, and said that she'd send off the paper work to get me booked in for a scan. Am I just being impatient or should I have heard by now?

Had the same issue, visited Doctor on the Monday before Christmas and am now waiting to hear of a scan. I jump up every time the post comes with the hope it's an appointment come through!

Not unreasonable hun! I'd be the same - it's easy for me to be objective, it's not my scan!!!!!

i had midwife appointment on 16th of december, she said if i don't get my scan appointment in 2 weeks ring the hospital, so i did and they said i haven't been booked in yet and if i haven't heard by this monday ring again, still not heard, getting rather fed up of waiting

Yeah give it till end of next week and ring the hospital to check they have recieved it etc

My friend who is due a week before me, wasn't going to have her "12 week" until 15 weeks because they are so full! :shock:

Tasha20 said:
Yeah give it till end of next week and ring the hospital to check they have recieved it etc

My friend who is due a week before me, wasn't going to have her "12 week" until 15 weeks because they are so full! :shock:

Oh dear! I don't want to wait that long.

just an example for you hun, im 12 weeks now, and only this week did i find anything out about my scan, and thats only coz i phoned the hospital ultrasound to see if one had been booked for me. As it turns out i have one for friday where i will be 13 weeks :dance: but still havent had a letter through the post about it. If i were you id give it another week and if there's still nothing give them a ring :hug: hope that helps

If you don't hear anything by Monday (2 weeks) i'd call the midwife :hug:

I'd personally call the midwife or ultrasound dept to see what is going on and if they have received the booking in form and if you have been booked in at the hospital or not. I saw my midwife on Dec 16th, received my scan appointment on the 22nd, had my scan on Fri Jan 2nd (only to find out I am only 9 weeks gone!) and yesterday, received another scan appointment for Jan 30th. They won't think any less of you for calling and if you haven't been booked in yet, it will get the ball rolling!

JulesK81 said:
I'd personally call the midwife or ultrasound dept to see what is going on and if they have received the booking in form and if you have been booked in at the hospital or not. I saw my midwife on Dec 16th, received my scan appointment on the 22nd, had my scan on Fri Jan 2nd (only to find out I am only 9 weeks gone!) and yesterday, received another scan appointment for Jan 30th. They won't think any less of you for calling and if you haven't been booked in yet, it will get the ball rolling!
wow your hospital sounds good, they work fast, mine is pants, far too slow and uncaring!

wow your hospital sounds good, they work fast, mine is pants, far too slow and uncaring!

Yeah it is, I'm very lucky that I go to Rosie in Cambridge, had my first there in the summer and even though my labour/birth experience was horrendous, they were fab.

I'd def call your hospital again tomorrow, thought you should've heard by now if your appt was on the 16th too. It might be it's in the system now but not yet made its way to you!

I saw MW on 24th Dec when she sent off the form for 12 week scan. She saw me again on MYE and said I f I haven't heard a date by 10.5 weeks, to call her and she'd chase it up. I'm 9 weeks today and fingers crossed, hoping for a date sometime this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back