not even 2 yet!!!! aarrhhh

hayley

Reaction score
Jacobs is only 19 months old but it seems like the terrible 2's have set in early... thank god he's sleeping out tonight! :wave: i feel awful saying that but i've totally had a weeks worth of tantrums in 2 nights! :evil: he wants everythig he can't have.. knives, razors, hair straigners etc... when i try to explain "no dangerous!" he screams, kicks, bites me, pulls my hair... :evil: i've gone to bed with a headache the last 2 nights. I know it's down to communication! and he doesn't know the word yet, but he does try my patience... i feel awful when i put him in his cot to calm down! hearing him cry and scream! he gives in after 15 mins and just sniffles... what can i do? i know these tantrums are going to get worse! he used to bite when he was younger but i thought he'd stopped!!! is there a magic way to stop or prevent these tantrums? i've tried hiding everything but no matter how many things i hide/put away there will always be something he wants that he can't have! I try to move him out of the room or give him something else quickly! 10 mins after he's had a scream... when i think calm has set in... he'll lash something.. like his dinner or drink! The child is driving me crazy! :wall: and this is the begining...

Cant offer any advice as i am not there yet but didnt want to read and run. have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Hayley

I am so sorry you are having a rough time and wanted to give you these :hug:

Not really sure what advice to give really. I feel I am quite lucky with Gabs as she does listen.

I think our kiddies can get quite testing at this age and need to be kept busy! Definitely keep the straighteners and dangerous things away from him. Maybe he needs to get a little bit more involved with other things though. Whenever I am cleaning or putting washing on or anything I get Gabs involved and let her help in some way. This I feel helps to curb her boredom and also because she has got involved and done certain things she is less inquisitive and in turn doesn't go round touching things!

An example of this is the washing machine. She went through a phase of touching the buttons but now I let her push the buttons to turn the machine on when I am washing and because she has done that she doesn't feel the need to touch (not sure if I am making sense here).

I think the best thing (and I know it's not always possible when you have a testing toddler) but to be as patient as you can with them; (remember they learn their behaviour from us) make sure they are kept as busy as possible, re-inforce when you say "No" and always give a reason (I feel this has helped us; if you give a child a reason when telling them No they are more likely to take it in and respond positively).

I hope I don't sound like a preacher here but I just wanted to let you know what I do with Gabs and I really feel it works. Yes she has her days when she has little wobbly's but then so do I. We are only human :roll:

I'm going to stop there as I think I have rambled too much anyway.

Good luck hun :hug:

Tina & Gabs said:
(remember they learn their behaviour from us)

I agree with this 100% although my OH thinks Im talking rubbish - Typical man!

My OH is not patient AT ALL, and just say 'no dont do that' all the time and he speaks to me in an angry voice half the time (he is only playing around but his might like go ''what you making me for tea my littly bunty'' (our new word for swear words cause OH couldnt stop swearing and he typed the c word in his phone to someone and it came up as bunty ha ha) but he will say it in a ruff cross voice (jokingly) and I used to respond like ''make your own fecking tea you lazy sod'' lol now I just tell him what it is anyway my point is, even though OH is messing arround Oran doesnt know this but has picked up on this as when he does his talking (la la, ya yas) he goes forom nice and normal with the odd high pitched to gruff angry ones all the time so I have told OH to stop it, but he isnt listening to me which is winding me up....but anyway my point is they do learn from us - although it was a long winded point :rotfl:

I wanted to give you :hug: :hug: :hug: my nephew is 2 and he went though infact still is a naughty time, but his sis, my niece is 1 and she is starting learn from him so my SIL has 2 of them to cope with!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back