Not enjoying this anymore

lrb

Reaction score
Feel so bad for saying it but this pregnancy is just making me feel so crap I haven't enjoyed it yet. I know they say first trimester is like this but it's getting me down so much, I waited so long to get pregnant and now I'm pregnant I just feel so blurgh. I haven't even been sick yet,well I have in my mouth a few times but can't bring my self to throwing up. Can't move, can't stand up I feel so sick and faint Id just rather spend my days laying down sleeping, which I can't do my house is a mess and I have a puppy to look after.sorry for this rant but I just need to be reassured this will end soon and I can enjoy my pregnancy. :(

I was the excat same chick, was just constantly exhausted and felt sick but wasnt actually throwing up!! Then to add that I have kidney stones, but finally it is getting better :) the nausea passed around 12 weeks for me, the tiredness I still get sometimes, but it isnt as severe as it was, I even went to Zumba lastnight :) dont worry it will pass xxx

I am still not enjoying being pregnant AT ALL. I think it might be getting slightly better, but it's subtle variations of feeling rubbish!

I still have hope it will be better in later stages, but do arm yourself with patience, hun.

And try to organise great days out, distract yourself and do things you really love. That's the only thing that works for me, nothing else does, particularly food wise.

I really feel what you are saying... I have started to feel a little better the last couple of days and am hoping with all my heart that things will continue to get better...
I have felt so awful recently - exactly as you have described. Added to that I feel so ugly - my grey roots are longer than the brown bits now, and I feel SO unattractive. I am trying so hard to hold out for 12 weeks before dyeing, but I look so awful. I am constantly bloated, feel uncomfortable in my clothes, can't sleep at night...
I haven't had the energy or strength to do anything fun as a 'pick-me-up'. My house is also a mess and I haven't done any ironing for weeks. I've taken no joy in anything as I've felt so rubbish. But I keep trying to think that things will continue get better, and in the very worst case, even if the whole pregnancy was the most horrendous struggle... the joy at the end of having our very own baby will make every day worth the struggle... :)
Try and have the hope that things will improve for you in the next few weeks (as they do for most women) - maybe plan something nice for you to look forward to - that's what I have been trying to do.
Good luck - thinking of you :) xx

I know exactly how you feel but trust me, it does get better. I still feel nauseous in the mornings but feel more human during the days. I also found that my sickness got so unbearable, then the next day it just seemed to drop. It was weird but everything was fine. Hopefully your symptoms will lessen soon.xx

I'm feelin the same way today. I'm at work but really struggling - feels so I'll and tired I just wanna go home to sleep. I cried last night when my DH wouldn't let me sleep at 6:15!

me and you both... I've been completely exhausted, vomiting up to 5 times a day ("only" twice so far today) almost constantly nauseous, just no energy to do anything and on top of it all I've got a cold now... which in a way is almost a relief because it actually makes me feel less nauseous somehow.. could be because of my nose being so stuffy that I can't smell anything...
unfortunately I'm stil lonly 9+4 weeks, so can't tell you it's going to get better :p But at least you're not alone!

It does get easier hun :hug: but it isn't quite what you imagine, I know. I had nausea most of the day for about 5-6 weeks. It's easing up now, but not completely gone yet. It's a lot better though and feeling a lot better in the day.

It will be well worth it though :) and in a way I was really grateful for it because it was my main symptom, so was reassuring.

xxxx

Oh I hear ya, Feel much better to see so many other feel the same ( not that im glad use are feelin horrid though!!)

Started off with it makeing my IBS a nightmare and the tiredness oh god the tiredness is awful then the nausea went and i spent the week freaking out in a panic then it came back with a vengance and I feel even worse than I did to start with,

Feel so so sick, Only trow up in my mouth too and feel starving but cant face food

Anyone found any of the old tips work for the nauses, About to make a cup of peppermint tea , Although a bit sceptical after my peppermint oil frenzy but I think tea is safe

Hope seeing your not alone helps cheer you up a bit huni :)

I'm not even sure I'm as far ahead as my ticker says so I could still have this for weeks n weeks! I can't even focus on having a baby at the end of all this cause still doesn't even feel real. I'm already a really bad patient when ill but even worse now. I always have a bad back anyway but it's just getting ten times worse and I start my new job hopefully Monday and I can't face telliNg them im pregnant as not started off good having trouble with references was suppose to start a month ago.. Let alone face getting up. I stand up and feet shit, even to sit up I wanna b sick. I am glad I'm not only one that u all have had/having it to so we can talk about it but ginger biscuits arnt helping, anyone found anything else??? I can't stand smell of peppermint so dont think I could have that tea. Oo I hope when I have my 12 week scan it will feel more real cause right now I feel like I'm just ill not pregnant!! X

You poor thing. Im 35 weeks now but had an experience very simular to yours!

I felt constantly sick but never enough to be physically sick which sometimes is even more frustrating because you just want it out of your system. I also was just starting a new job when i got pregnant and found it so hard to motivate myself to get up each morning.

When i went for my 12 week scan they told me i was only 8 weeks so i had to go back and do a whole month all over again so i really do know how you feel!

The only advice i can give is to rest when you need to, sometimes if the house is a tip but all you want to do is lay down then the house will have to wait for a day or two because the longer you put off having your rest the harder and harder it will get and the worse you will feel. I ended up having nearly two weeks off around week 10 of my pregnancy because i was so drained emotionally and physically.

I promise you it will pass and one day you will wake up feeling more positive. Even simple things can make you feel better... i completley gave up and turned into a couch potato who didnt even want to shower let alone put make up on or brush my hair! Sometimes just forcing yourself to have a soak in the bath and put a bit of eyeliner on (even if it is just to sit back on the sofa!) might improve your mood.

Good luck sweet and i hope pregnancy becomes more enjoyable for you!

Hayley

I'm similar too as I haven't really been sick but do feel sick but I'm always very very tired and just want to stop and sleep but still have work to do and then carry on once I'm home. xx

i have fits of starting to enjoy my pregnancy but the worry overtakes me, plus I am Knackered, bloated and cant seem to quench my thirst which means 20% of my day is spent peeing. It doesnt feel real to me either, when I do start to get excited i stop as i have had no sickness and I worry that something is wrong. I really thought it would be magical and I would feel all warm and fuzzy about my little baby but i have stressed more than anything, then i stress more as I know stress is bad for the baby argghhh! This place helps cheer me up though, stick with us we all have bad days hun :) I am up and down like a yo yo ( OH doesnt know what to do with me hahah ) xxxx hope you feel better soon

Have you tried breadsticks? I keep a supply close by and have regular nibbles. They are dry, pretty tasteless and do help to stop me getting too hungry. They might help.

i have seem to have discovered a few techniques to make the nausea subside, laying down flat in bed, not half sitting up! Not getting too tired. It took me several weeks to get round to it as i went right off food but eating little and often does help even if you din;t wanna put things in your mouth. Apples are really working for me. I read that the BRAT diet is good: bananas, apples, rice, toast. I have an apple or peach as soon as a wake up not feeling too special.
I seem to burp A LOT! wasn't really a burper before. so when i feel really iffy, and i get up and walk around I seem to burp several times, then the nausea feeling dies away. You can't force the burps though, thats dangerous.

I also read that unlike when you have a normal upset stomach, pregnancy nausea is not necessarily because your stomach wants to get rid of the food. It's something more in the brain that causes it from the rising hormones. I tried to keep this in mind and did my best not to give in and be sick, figured I would feel worse if I was. However decided that if my body really wanted to be sick it would.

hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back