Not drinking water?

Monkey

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with their little one not drinking water from a sippy cup? E will sip the water into her mouth but then instead of swallowing it, she will just open her mouth and let it dribble out.

Any tips as to how to teach her to actually swallow it would be appreciated, especially in this heat.

Last edited:
O does the same with a cup so I literally give him the cup so he can practise but give him some water in a bottle too

E won't take a bottle at all. She has no problems BFing or eating her 3 meals a day, it just seems to be water. I was contemplating giving her a cup without a lid and seeing if that made a difference. Hubby however said that he just sees her pouring it all over herself and not getting the chance to drink any.

How long have you been trying O on a sippy cup?

Last edited:
She will get there eventually... My lo was e same but i did what lileleohant suggested.. If u are worried abiutnher in the heat you coukd give her some in a baby shringe (sp!?) sorry for the typos!

May I ask how long it took your LO to get the hang of it?

I started giving O a sippy cup when I started weaning I just offer it after his breakfast and tea but he just bites it and bangs it on the highchair lol

May I ask how long it took your LO to get the hang of it?

He took a good few months before he drank holding himself! It seems so long ago i cant remember properly :/

Tyler very rarely drinks some out of his tommee tippee! I offer it but sticking to bf mainly.

I have been trying to get Emily to drink water from her bottle as she has had vomiting and diarroah and might be getting dehydrated, but she doesn't seem to like it - the water I mean, not the bottle.

Rhea isn't keen either I keep offering it and she will have the odd sip xxx

I put a teaspoon of fresh oj in G's water, but she doesn't really drink it any better. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My HV told me bf babies do well with doidy cups (the angled cup with no lid). Something to do with the action of sipping from the angled bit being similar to getting milk from the boob! And of course they can see what's in it too! I haven't bought one yet but I might. Ethan will take small sips from TT cup but has taken to blowing into it at the mo! Lol!

I shall have to have a look at getting one of them, thanks. E blows into hers occasionally too, you will see all "bits" floating in the bottom of it.

Last edited:
Lovely! I am just waiting to have food blown all over me! Lol.....
I have seen the cups in the jojomamanbebe catalogue but they sell them at the local sure start centre cheaper I've been told. Dunno if they sell them other places too, haven't had a proper look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back