NOT doing that again!

Hazel

Reaction score
Taking Connie swimming on my own that is. I'm knackered :sleep: . It was all going OK, got her changed, got myself changed, had to get 2 lockers as they weren't big enough for 2 bags :roll: . Swim was lovely, she was smiling and laughing.

THEN the bottom lip started to go after 20 minutes :( , so thought time to get out and then then screaming started and it was horrible high pitch and sounded like something from the exorcist :lol: . So got her dry (without even being able to rinse the chlorine off in the shower). I threw some clothes on while I was still wet (minus knickers :lol: ) and wrestled a screaming baby into her snow suit and got out of there asap. As soon as we were outside in the fresh air she calmed down immediately :wall: .

It wasn't very successful, the times before we've been she screamed but both DH and I have taken her so this was trial run on my own as I want to take her to aquababes. It's almost impossible trying to hold her, get bags out of locker etc. I was stood in the changing room thinking what the hell am I supposed to do with this baby :? .

Got home and she passed out in the cot for 2 hours :lol: . It's a shame she's like this when we get out as the actual swimming part is great fun she just screams when we get dressed.

i think there is a big lack of help in swimming areas.
we went before amelia was born, and tbh there is no where to leave car seats. oliver wasn't walking so we were in a family changing room, and i had to put him on the floor which was dirty and wet. there should be like little seats to strap kids in so parents can get ready.

what i would do with a baby, with no where to put her in case she rolled off the bench ive no idea.

*Star* said:
i think there is a big lack of help in swimming areas.
we went before amelia was born, and tbh there is no where to leave car seats. oliver wasn't walking so we were in a family changing room, and i had to put him on the floor which was dirty and wet. there should be like little seats to strap kids in so parents can get ready.

what i would do with a baby, with no where to put her in case she rolled off the bench ive no idea.

We must be really lucky, there's space by our pool for car seats, away from the water. Although there's too few of them, our family changing has a changing bench with straps and a little seat with straps off the floor too.

Ours is communal with lots of cubicles. I complained last time we went about the showers telling them that want to strip her off and wash her down but don't want strange men seeing her bits :shakehead: . The manager was surprisingly sympathetic :shock: but said not much he coud do about the design and to try the disabled loo that had a shower (which typically only had cold water :roll: )

There is a pull down baby changing unit in the family bit so used that today but she was screaming so much I couldn't put her down. In the end I just had to let her scream as nothing was calming her and I had to put my clothes on. I think she was cold :( .They could really do with a row of baby changing cubicles nearer to the pool with a few large sinks so baby can be rinsed off properly. I didn't really want to get all my stuff out the locker and into a cubicle then leave it unattended while I went and rinsed her off either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back