Not Coping (Long post!)

Cat&Noah

Reaction score
Sorry all but I have to go mad somewhere.
As you prob know if all goes to plan I will shortly be moving house, however that doesnt stop me going mad in the mean time!
I dont know anyone where I live, so during the day my only company is Noah, and the little bugger has broken the TV so (conveniently for him) the only channel that works is Cbeebies, So I dont even get to watch any grown up TV, all I have to do all day is look after noah and sit at my laptop and its driving me mental. Not to mention we have the most baby unfriendly house and Noah seems to be able to get everywhere. He has now learnt how to climb onto the sofa, which means he can climb up onto the table which is unsafe for him and he just throws everything on it onto the floor. Their isnt a single work surface that he cant reach, so I cant even have a drink in the lounge. I have got a play pen that is divided into 2 sections one to stop him getting up the dining end of the room and one that blocks of the patio door and and all the cables and stuff, but he still manages to force his way down there. He is also at that stage where if you stop him doing anything or take him away from somewhere, he screams and cries like your trying to kill him. So I cant even leave him along to go to the loo (which Im needing to do a lot at the moment). Yesterday while Im cooking dinner I shut him in the kitchen with me so I can keep an eye on him. I go to open a cuboard door and before I have even got the door completly open, he has stuck his hand inside and grabed a pyrex bown and draged it out the cupboard onto the floor where it shatters, covering him with bloken glass. I immediatly pick him off and bruck the glass off him and cart him back into the lounge, but his leg is bleeding. I go back into the kitchen to sweep it up (and cut my own feet on the little shards) I come back into the lounge to see he has climbed onto the table and thrown my mobile phone onto the floor and smashed it. By this point Im losing it and I start shouting at him and stick him in his cot upstairs cause its the only place where he cant get up to any trouble, but all he does is scream! By this point I feel I have lost the will to live and am on the verge of just sitting rocking in the corner of the room gibbering to myself till the people in white coats come. OH gets home from work and I just start bawling my eyes out, and his response is 'well its only going to get harder with another one on the way'. For that I want to smack him in the face. He says he doesnt want to pay for someone to come out and sort the telly cause its not worth it with us moving. And I know I wont have any problems anymore once we move. We will be having all new furniture, which will be baby proof!! (i.e. not with open shelves at floor level!) Plus I already have 4 other mums from the 'meet a mum' website wanting to meet up!

This however doesnt stop me going mad in the mean time, whene I have another month or so of this to go! I think I might just go and jump out of the window now.

Sorry I know my problems prob seem very insignificant compared to some of the stuff some of you are going through but Im hormonal and just needed to get it out instead of just sitting here and crying.

:hug: It is really hard work looking after a LO and being pregnant. I didn't realise how hard it was going to be. The stage you're at was the worst few weeks for me, I just wanted to curl up and die but of course I couldn't (which is why I posted about the problems I was having with Ella).

Do you go out much in the day? Is there a park near you? I have to take Ella out every day between her morning nap and lunch, normally for a walk or we go shopping, something mundane but we both feel a lot better for getting out the house.

At least you know that your situation is temporary. In a few weeks time you'll be out of first tri (which is bloody horrendous!!!) and in your new home with lots of mums nearby to meet up with. Keep your chin up hon, it will get easier. But I do sympathise with you, I think there are a few of us in the same boat :hug:

Awww hun, i don't really know what to sy to make you feel better, except that Noah sounds a hell of alot like Jack at the minute, it must be a cestructive phase they go through.

Jack scrags everything that he can reach and i think our telly is on the way out soon as well

Would it maybe worth gatting a playpen/travelcot to put him in with toys whilst you do jobs?

Jack goes in his for about 1/2 hour at a time or put him in highchair with some toys.

I agree with Kina that you need to get out of the house before you turn in to a wreck

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: it can be so stressful having a toddler and being pre its so tiring. you just want to colaps on the sofa, but noah wont let you.

it gets me down being in the house so much, so recently i have started planning my week ahead makes a lot of difference eve down to wednesday... go to asda lol

staying in is depressing though

it will pass though x x x

If I stick him in a cot even with a load of toys he screams his arse off, cause he wants to go charging about. Also unless I can distract him with something he doesnt like being in a differnt room from me.

We dont really have any parks near by. The nearest on is by the Quay, where we sometimes feed the ducks, ut they dont have any apperatus designed for todlers, its all oder kids stuff. Buts its quite a walk and my main first trimester problem at the mo, is tiredness, and I feel like that much of a walk would completly wipe me out :(

I think I will have to buy some DVDs to entertain me during the day. I have also asked OH to take me out one eveing next week for a meal and the cinema (I dont even know whats showing) OH's mum has said she is happy to look after noah over night anytime, so I could even get a lie in the next morning and pick him up midday.
But the evenings are okay cause OH is home, its just the crushing bordom during the day :(

But the evenings are okay cause OH is home, its just the crushing bordom during the day

I can relate to that :( I've been spending a small fortune as we go out most days to the shops. Today we went and met DH for lunch to break the day up for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back