No idea?...how do I?...how do we start?

Discussion in 'Combination Feeding' started by Nomi76, May 6, 2014.

1. Nomi76

Nomi76 Well-Known Member

As you can probably tell, I'm a little lost on this one. With my last two children I breastfeed exclusively for the first little while then switched to formula and bottle fed. This time I would like to do a combination of breastfeeding and bottle feeding of expressed breast milk right from day one.

My question is how do I go about this? Do I need to breastfeed for a few days prior to being able to start expressing? I feel completely clueless!!!!

2. T84

T84 Well-Known Member

I expressed colostrum into a syringe as lo wouldn't latch and stay and as soon as milk came in on day 3 I expressed that with an electric pump and bottle fed. Still doing it 6 and a half weeks on and plan on continuing although only expressing 3 times a day now and the rest formula x x

3. Pinkjoanne

Pinkjoanne Active Member

T84, can I ask, does your milk supply adjust to the 3 bottles of expressed milk? I'm hoping to express twice a day and wondered whether my body will supply me accordingly?