No hot water or heating :(

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Husband got up this morning for his shower and it was cold. Went outside to the gas tank and its empty. :( Bloody gas company havent been round to fill our tank up. :shakehead:

So we have no hot water and no central heating. Its bloomin freezing today too! :( Ah well at least the smell of us may distract from how cold we are!! :lol:

Bloomin hope they can come tomorrow :pray:

poor you!

Hope you can keep warm hun. Sounds like a pub lunch might be in order? next to a roaring fire?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope u get ur tank filled asap Jen, when they come open the door with ur bump and James on ur hip and ask them what compensation ur gonna be gettin?! :wink:

ohh thats so rubbish jen!

i think this afternoon the 3 of you should snuggle up on the couch with a duvet and watch some films :D

xxx

sarafet said:
ohh thats so rubbish jen!

i think this afternoon the 3 of you should snuggle up on the couch with a duvet and watch some films :D

xxx

Oo that sounds like a plan!! And a huge bar of chocolate...clearly just for fuel for our bodies to keep us warm of course. :D

I know how you feel. Our boiler broke on Christmas Eve 2005 when Lydia was not quite 3 months old, and we couldn't afford to get a new one, so we got put on Warm Front's waiting list.

We did eventually get a new one from warm front...18 months later.

So for a year and a half we lived with no hot water and no central heating. We used to have to go round to other people's houses for showers. If we wanted a bath at home we used to spend hours and hours boiling pans of water to fill it up.

I used to wash my hair in the baby bath!

We would boil the kettle 3 times to fill up the sink in order to wash dishes.

It was horrible.

Xena said:
I know how you feel. Our boiler broke on Christmas Eve 2005 when Lydia was not quite 3 months old, and we couldn't afford to get a new one, so we got put on Warm Front's waiting list.

So for a year and a half we lived with no hot water and no central heating. We used to have to go round to other people's houses for showers. If we wanted a bath at home we used to spend hours and hours boiling pans of water to fill it up.

It was horrible.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

18 months!!!!!

Jeeez woman how did you cope with that!!! And here is me moaning cos it may take a few days for them to come out to refill it!! :oops:

oh no, u have my utmost sympathy i kno how horrible it is to have no hot water and heating! omg u dont realise the little things u need it for either! parents come in handy tho for going back home to use their facilities :lol:

hope u get some heat soon! :hug: :hug:

Sammystar said:
poor you!

Hope you can keep warm hun. Sounds like a pub lunch might be in order? next to a roaring fire?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats what I'd do :) Either that or go and get warm in the camper van :)

Jen & Her Men said:
Xena said:

It was horrible.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

18 months!!!!!

Jeeez woman how did you cope with that!!! And here is me moaning cos it may take a few days for them to come out to refill it!! :oops:

lol you go ahead and moan, I know how horrible it is even for a short time. We got used to it but I could have cried with happiness when we finally got a new boiler

I actually posted about it on here at the time lol

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31108

actually I guess I remembered wrong :oops: , it was 15 and a half months, not 18, but still long enough lol

Xena said:

It was horrible.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Blimey! I didn't have heating for 6 months as British Gas refused to get it working and said i have no choice but buy a new one. He even tagged it as dangerous. My dad came round and within an hour got it working!
I struggled for 6 months! I have no idea how you coped for 18 months!

LisaJ1986 said:
Xena said:

It was horrible.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Blimey! I didn't have heating for 6 months as British Gas refused to get it working and said i have no choice but buy a new one. He even tagged it as dangerous. My dad came round and within an hour got it working!
I struggled for 6 months! I have no idea how you coped for 18 months!

I made a mistake it was 15 and a half months :oops:
but yeh it wasn't nice

How crap is that! :wall:

Hope you get it all back up and running sooner than later.

(We don't even have central heating, you breathe mist in my bathroom! :rotfl:)

:hug: :hug: :hug: we have just got ours back on the boiler died on us new years eve and only now bee fixed so i can totally sympathies :hug: :hug: :hug:

We ran out of oil yesterday too so are also without heating although we have an open fire in the lounge so it's not too bad.
In our last house our boiler was disconected as it was dangerous so we had no heating for two years as we couldn't afford a new boiler but we had an emersion for the water so we still had hot water, we used to take an oil filled rad and a fan heater from room to room :roll:
We probably spent so much on electric we could have replaced the boiler 10 times over.

Nikki

my dad a few years back had us living in the 'project' house of his that he was doing up it had no central heating in the depths of winter!
I feel sorry for you :hug:

We had a power cut on thursday night and it came back on Friday morning, it wasn't just electricity though, the heating and water were cut off as well.

If it hadn't of come back on in the morning we would have had to have gone to a hotel. Horrible just horrible specially when it was -30 outside. They had to turn off the water in case the pipes froze as it was so cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back