No energy :(

Island girl

Reaction score
I guess it's normal to be tired, but I am usually a very active person, at the gym five times a week and running around socially too, and I've never felt tiredness like this.
I've only been out of the house in the last 2 weeks to go to work (and believe me would rather not as the nausea is awful) and my oh is working away so I am feeling very lonely. We decided not to tell anyone until after 12 weeks so i feel like I don't have anyone to talk to (thanks goodness for the forum as I would go crazy without reading about everyone else's symptoms!!)

I'm a bit worried about the lack of exercise especially as I keep reading it's important to stay fit but I don't feel like I can even manage a walk, never mind serious gym classes! Plus am going to be the size of a house as the only way to keep the nausea at bay for me is to constantly be nibbling food.....

Friday night home alone without even a glass of wine sucks :(

Ok winge finished now.....hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

I know that feeling hun. I'm now 91/2 weeks and even getting out of bed to use the toilet is an effort, my dog is laying there staring at me desperate for a walk but it's tough. I can't eat a big meal but to stop the nausea I feel like I'm eating 24-7. I just keep thinking at 12 weeks I should have energy back and I can exercise then :) You're not alone so don't worry :) ps I'm home on Friday night watching forest gump so I feel your pain lol x

:nap: hit me hard too but around 9/10 weeks my energy has come back a little. I can now stay up to midnight :pompom:

It does get better but if you're body is saying rest or eat you just have to listen xx

I had this too hun, but my energy is coming back now :) managed to walk my dog (and throw a ball for her for like an hour) yesterday, and it was a mega long walk :D I actually feel quite proud of myself lol :') :hug: x

I was like this too.....still am tired but not as bad so hopefully in a couple weeks I will have more energy.

Like you Im having to eat constantly but I really dont want to and the only foods at the minute that seem to be staying down is what I would call junk food like crisps, burgers and I have been eating more chocolate since I found out too and I was never a big chocolate fan before xx

I'm normally a gym bunny but only managed to jog for the first time yesterday...I've swapped all my healthy food for chicken Mayo sarnies, cherry lollies and mini cheddars....needless to say my overhang is getting bigger by the day but I'm trying but I'm wrecked most days. Im hoping tri 2 will bring me energy!xx

My energy came in a week after the placenta took away the nasty sickness & the tri 1 symptoms (approx 13-14 weeks). I still feel tired every now and then and need looooads of sleep but the energy in the day is unreal compared to how I was in tri 1. I'm usually a gym freak too, used to go 4-5 times a week for 3 hours each time so it's a bit of a shock to the system lol. Now I'm afraid of going back to the gym cos I get obsessed with exercise and afraid I might do too much so I'm just gonna stick to walks and swimming until after baby is born! xx

I've never been into the gym so I can't relate to that, but I am shattered too! Its such a strange tiredness isn't it? I've just wolen up an hour ago after 11 hours sleep and still could have another few hours. I need to get up, go to asda and make lunch but it seems like a huge task and I just can't be bothered!

I walk to and from work which is 40 minutes every weekday and I've kept that up so far, but I am also worried about ending up the size of a house as I can't stop eating crap!

I've also heard tri 2 is meant to bring much more energy so roll on that :) xxx

Last edited:
Same here, luckily the nausea seems to be passing as i feel a bit better the past 2 days, but just so tired, feel like i am being lazy; normally I would just get up and start doing stuff to re energise myself but after 10 mins of that i just want to sit down again lol

I guess it's normal to be tired, but I am usually a very active person, at the gym five times a week and running around socially too, and I've never felt tiredness like this.
I've only been out of the house in the last 2 weeks to go to work (and believe me would rather not as the nausea is awful) and my oh is working away so I am feeling very lonely. We decided not to tell anyone until after 12 weeks so i feel like I don't have anyone to talk to (thanks goodness for the forum as I would go crazy without reading about everyone else's symptoms!!)

I'm a bit worried about the lack of exercise especially as I keep reading it's important to stay fit but I don't feel like I can even manage a walk, never mind serious gym classes! Plus am going to be the size of a house as the only way to keep the nausea at bay for me is to constantly be nibbling food.....

Friday night home alone without even a glass of wine sucks :(

Ok winge finished now.....hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

Im 9 weeks pregnant and for the last 3 weeks or so i have been so tired that every little task seemed like a big job! Im feeling alot better now and have so much more engery i think because i went off alot of food that didnt help either! Just bare with it and im sure you'll be active again in no time! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back