• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night times gone wrong

titch

Reaction score
for about 10 days morgan slept through the night waking at about 6am, it was lovely and its amazing how quickly i got used to all that continuous sleep!

last night was the 4th night in a row that he woke for a night feed :wall2: i know its only once but it really hits you when youve adjusted to a full night.

I dont know whats wrong with him tho. I thought he could be cold so I started putting a hat on for bedtime but he manages to wriggle up the bed and the hat ends up over his eyes which freaks him out and he screams! he kicks his blanket off within 2 seconds of me putting him down, he gets really angry with it. He's too big to be swaddled now and I think maybe thats why hes waking.

Is it time I bought one of those wierd grow bag thingys?! I didnt like them before cos I thought it was one of those things that people invent then try and convince parents they need to buy them. If it gets us a full nights sleep again Ill buy 100!

I put charley in his sleeping bag the other night for the first time and he only woke up once!! Normally he wakes up twice a night!!
Could Morgan be going through a growth spurt too as I've heard that can make them not sleep through! Lacey didn't sleep through till 6 months so younger babies sleeping throughs completly new to me! x x

ooh well done charley!! :yay: hope he drops that one feed for you soon. Its funny how when youre a mother sleeping all night and getting up at 6am seems like a treat!! :rofl:

Im bidding on some 2nd hand grobags on ebay right now. I talked myself into trying it, but dont want to spend too much incase he doesnt like them!

We have the sleeping bags for Ross or sometimes use blankets, depends how sleepy he is before he goes to bed. He definately ends up warmer with the sleeping bag and can still move about his cot. I was told not to put a hat on him indoors, I think in case of overheating.
Ross has been waking up a few times a night recently having rolled over onto his back and 'singing'. Problem is he can't roll back onto his front yet and doesn't sleep on his back so I have to go and flip him. As soon as I have he's back off to sleep :)

Chloe is in sleeping bags and has slept through from 10 days old just hope she keeps it up lol! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yay:

ive 'won' 3 grobags, all in al spent £12 incl p&p. we'll leave 1 at my parents and keep 2 here incase of sick or leaking nappies! I hope they deliver soon , i need sleep!!!

didnt know that about hats indoors, thanks x

That's a bargain!! I've had my eye on one on eBay which is £12 for one lol!

There is a sale on in mothercare I just got two 0-6months for just under £7 xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah thats good! :doh: never mind I got 2nd hand ones now!

Emily sleeps in her bag every night as she HATES blankets!!! How much is morgan drinking when he wakes in the night? X

I'm off to stalk ebay for a sleeping bag cos ive just relised one of charley's is 6-12 months!! :wall2:

Hes taking a full feed, 180mls. Im trying to make sure he drinks enough in the day at the mo, I think its routine more than anything cos he wakes at 4am everytime.

He is having a full feed then. After Emily slept through she woke in the night and was only taking 40 or 50 so we decided to just leave her and now she never wakes in the night.

It's hard to get them to drink more in the day isn't it? I think possibly he is going through a growth spurt too, hope it doesn't last long for you xxx

yeah I think youre right. Gonna be really strict with the bedtime routine, use the grow bags and try and get him to drink as much as possible during the day, he's doing really well today so fingers crossed for tonight.

Hes slept a lot today though, hes currently on his 3rd nap. What are your guys opinions on waking him up? I never do usually cos I think he will just sleep when he needs to but Im getting a bit worried that hes sleeping so much in the day that he wont sleep at night.

I had about a week and a half of Paige sleeping from 8pm - 5am/7am. Last night, She woke at 12am, 2am, 3am, 3:30am (had 7oz at that point) and then finally got back to sleep at 4:45 and decided she wanted to lie in her bed and talk to me at 5:15am. :shock:

I loved my sleep :(

yeah I think youre right. Gonna be really strict with the bedtime routine, use the grow bags and try and get him to drink as much as possible during the day, he's doing really well today so fingers crossed for tonight.

Hes slept a lot today though, hes currently on his 3rd nap. What are your guys opinions on waking him up? I never do usually cos I think he will just sleep when he needs to but Im getting a bit worried that hes sleeping so much in the day that he wont sleep at night.

From about 1pm I dont let Emily sleep for longer than an hour and a half at a time. Rob Just woke her out of a deep sleep as I type ( been asleep for about 80 mins) and she was starving, so she has had a big bottle and will have a play then bath and bed. She is a fab baby to wake up though - just gives us gorgeous smiles :). Some babies don't like bring woken up. If I were you I'd def try it, obviously as long as your not upsetting him by doing it x

could he be teething hun? Gro bags are fab! Ethans got a really cute one with a crocodile on. They just wash and wash too, so are a really good buy and not a gimmic at all. Hope morgan likes his xxx

I agree that sleeping bags are fab! Amelia's slept so much better since she's been in one. This past week she's finally started sleeping through 11 hours :) and she was 4 months 2 days ago :) I hope Morgan takes to them well Hun and you get some well deserved sleep :)

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

:yay: 11 hours?! sounds like heaven! I cant wait for mine to arrive now!

Yeah he is teething a little bit. We're trying to get hold of ashton &parsons powder but theres a problem with the main supplier, same story everywhere so we've got the teetha granules instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back