night time problems

frangelle

Reaction score
My son is 5 next month, and about 4 night s a week he wakes up at 3/4/5 in the morning screaming at the top of his voice. And when I get up to see him, he won't be consoled, won't listen to me or answer me. It's got to the point where i have got so frustrated with him, I end up shouting at him :(

I ask him in the morning why he was screaming and crying and he won't tell me.

I don't know what to do. I am expecting another child in November so I want to nip it in th bud now, because I won't be able to deal with both of them in the middle of the night.

It also worried me because our walls are quite thin, and our last neighbours complained to the council due to the noise he makes at night and implied I left him to scream :x When infact I couldn't stop him from crying and screaming!!! The council did apologise and say they can't take any action against you for a child crying.

Any advice much appreciated :D

Could be night terrors. My friends son had them. Will pm you a web site for you to look at.

Yes could it be very bad nightmares? Mel used to have v bad ones when he was a baby. How about trying cranial osteopathy? It's supposed to help with birth trauma for one thing? Might be worth a go- it's a case of just touching their head in different ways and doesn't involve anything more invasive...?

+++

Thanks for your replies guys. I sent him to school and I felt so guilty for shouting at him but I was sooo tired and frustrated :( Poor little thing :(

I looked at that website and it said a child being overtired can be a trigger, so i will start putting him to bed earlier. Also I didn't realise he wasn't awake when he was screaming, I feel awful now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back