Night time crmps

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
.....every night this week and getting worse! Apparently it's very common but stretching, walking, drinking water during the day helps and lying on left side.

Humph I'm tired from the leg night trauma & hope it gets better, I used to suffer years ago from it but did not anticipate this as a pregnancy symptom!x

Me too!

This has been brewing all week for me, and the night before last I think the air must have turned blue in our bedroom, the amount of foul words that came out my mouth as I woke up with cramp. I had to bite the pillow until I stretched it out!

Just one of the many joys of pregnancy... :D

A small glass of tonic water before bed works wonders for me, I've really suffered with cramps through pregnancy and this helps. Xx

It's horrendous! It's like night terrors!

Ooh I'm going to try that thanks for the tip, it's likely to get worse according to the lovely Internet advice so I'll try anything!

Also try eating a banana a day as it can help too (like tonic water, it's the potassium that helps). Hope it eases for you soon.X

Thank you peapod :) I have had a banana this evening and a glass of tonic water....fx! Did not think this would ping up in pregnancy-doh!x

I've only had one bout so far (I get calf cramp sporadically even when not preggers though!)

Bananas are meant to be good?

xxxxxxxxx

I have found that if I put a towel or facecloth under a hot tap and then apply it to the cramp it goes away almost immediately. That's if you can face hobbling to the bathroom!!

I keep getting this too, 4 times jumping out of bed last night!! Had to wake the other half up last night at 3am to rub it out cos it wasn't going... Good training for him when labour starts ;)

The positive thing about the pain is I can practise my breathing exercises when it hurts to try and make it relax, more good practise for labour... Not that it's a comparison for pain lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back