I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Amanda

Reaction score
I've got gastric flu. :( And feel like death.

DH had it Wednesday night, my daughter had it during the day Saturday, and I came down with it at about 4pm yesterday. I don't know whether it's because I'm pg, but I've had it worse than both of them. :( DH was throwing up from 10pm to 4am every half hour, and Kayleigh was sick about 8 times, but slept in between. I was sick every 15 minutes from 4pm until midnight, then it started to slow down a bit to 20 mins then half an hour, through to 4.45 this morning. I also had the diarreah (sp?) with it. And that was like water, sorry. :oops: For most of the night, I was sitting on the loo with the runs and then throwing up in a bowl at the same time. I don't think I've ever had it so bad as this. Today I feel soooo weak and have awful pains from the retching. I've also lost 6lbs and am almost back to pre-pregnancy weight.

I've called the NHS Direct line and they have said to rest and drink lots of fluids, so I'm curled up on the sofa with pint after pint of water. The good news is that this morning, the baby has been moving loads, so I know everythings alright there. Right, this has made me feel like crap sitting up so I'm going back to lying down.

I just hope that none of you get this, but if you do, keep drinking loads of water because it helps with the being sick if you have something to bring up.

Ohhhh poor you, I had that last week and it was awful. Was on toilet from 10pm til about 7am. It went after 2 days though.

Must be 20 times worse for you being pregnant aswell! :shock: Bet its scarey for you too.

Hope you get well soon x :pray:

Oh poor you it has been going round my work at the moment I am staying will clear from those that have had it. Hope you feel better soon and take lots of care of yourself. x

oh hun i had it for my 21st bday last month :(
its horrid i was glued to the sofa but kris had it at the same time so we still had Dior jumping over us both it was a nightmare if i layed still i didnt feel to bad but if i rolled over or got up i was sick every where!

my muscels were aching i felt sooo weak

poor thing... x x x :cry:

(((hugs)))

Tankett I am so sorry, you poor thing.... my sister in law and her 1 year old daughter had it recently.. its nasty..

I had Gastro-enteritis when I was living in Malaysia and was hospitalised with a drip for 2 days so I really do feel for you.. its bl**dy awful.

Take care
I hope you feel better soon.. plenty of rest for you!!!
xx

sorry your feeling so bad! hope it passes within 24 hours! tale it easy - don't move unless you have to! drink plenty of water and get some nice soup into you when you feel like eating again.... Never been violently sick before so i can't imagine the pain your going throu! being sick is bad enough so i really feel for you...

let us know when your feeling better!!!! don't worry about anything...

x

Orrr tankett sorry you are feeling so rough, you poor thing. Take things easy and look after yourself, keep warm and snuggled up on the sofa
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Xxx

Ahhh Tankett :shock: :(

I've never had it (touch wood) but it sounds bloody awful!
Sorry you're feeling so ill....I really hope it passes soon for you.
The grim reaper must be around 'cos I've had a shitty day too! :(

Get Well Soon chick!

Sam xxx

Thanks for all your kind words ladies. The good news is that I feel much better today. I'm still off work because I'm so weak, but I feel human again! :D I went to bed at 7pm last night and didn't wake up until 6am this morning!! :shock: That shows just how dehydrated I was that I didn't need to get up 4 times for the loo. I've weighed myself again this morning and I am actually 3lb less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I have lost some from my tummy, but most from the tops of my legs and my bum!! :shock: I guess it's the bodies way of protecting the baby. I still look pregnant, just with really skinny legs!! :lol:

The baby is moving loads again so everything is okay in that department. I knew I felt better when I woke up this morning because I was dying for a cup of tea!!! It's now almost 12 though, and all I've managed to do since 6 is to have 2 cups of tea, half a bowl of cereal, have a shower and strip the bed to put my smelly sheets in the wash!! :oops: Everytime I do something, I have to sit down for half hour after.

I'm going to try to catch up on some other posts now, so again, thanks for all of your kind words.
xxx

glad you are feeling better sweety, is all the family better now too? xxx

Really glad you are feeling better Tankett, sounds like a horrendous bug that. Make sure you take it easy, and eat and drink whatever you can to build yourself back up xx

Well, back at work today. :( I really don't want to be here because I still feel weak. I couldn't even walk up 2 flights of stairs to make my cup of tea this morning!! :shock: I'm just going to take it really really easy, which luckily I can do in my job.

The rest of the family are now back to normal, thanks for asking Keely. It's just me that still feels like crap! There is a good side effect though... Because of the weight I have lost on my tummy, I can feel the baby kicking on the outside of my tummy now as well as the inside!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow lucky you! So at least out of a negative there is a positive although you did have to go through a lot! But wow! Glad your feeling a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back