Night owl boob baby

Redshoes

Reaction score
OK I'm at loss in that I just cannot break this cycle..as it happens Ophelia is unusually asleep in her moses basket, for how long I don't know, anyway, on an evening, Ophelia will only go to sleep on the boob, then if I try to leave her to sleep anywhere, the sofa, basket..she wakes up, either straight away or after about 5-10mins, and the above is repeated. If she doesn't go back to sleep she just plays or chats, and doesn't appear sleepy at all. She's always slept very well of a night, she always goes to bed when I do, roughly midnight, and then she wakes about 10am (we co-sleep, but I get up with Isaac about 8-9am and Ophelia stays in bed).

I understand she needs to learn and start to like going to and staying asleep by herself, my main worry now is that in helping her achieve that it means putting her to bed, in her own cot, at a regular time, but I'm worried about her waking and crying disturbing Isaac :? She's also never had a set feeding pattern so as to when to plan her last feed and so put her to bed, how do I decide that? Isaac was breast and formula fed and his bedtime started at 5months with a last bottle and a dummy..Ophelia can't have a bottle as I cannot get anything off expressing, I've nothing against giving her a bottle, and she just won't take to a dummy, and I am reluctant to try that more with her as I know the added problems dummy's can bring, ie falling out at all hours hehe Urrmmm, so basically, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated :D

On an extra note, I am really missing PF but Ophelia seems with me ALL nights these days so I just cannot get on here, sending lots of BIG hugs to all and looking forward to seeing and hearing all about everyone's news :hug:

Emms was exactly the same so I havent got any great advice, and she still wants boob to go to sleep now, however I am trying to wind BF down so it's a struggle! You might find that when you start weaning, she is less dependent on the boob? If she has some dinner and then a BF, she might not need boob as much after that. Some things that have helped Emms are the routine before bed. Other people have suggested getting OH to settle babs down before ebd as well so they arent dependent on mummy. TBH if she is feeding then she obviously needs it - when I co-sleep with Emms she always roots for the boob but doesnt necessarily feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back