Night feeds/weaning

Holi

Reaction score
Been weaning my nearly 6month old for about two weeks and she loves her grub! Kept up her milk intake too so dead chuffed!

Before weaning she would have milk at 11pm, 3am and 7am.

Since weaning Im trying to make her drop the 3am feed. So instead of offering milk I just settle with dummy which does work and she goes from 11-7 without milk now.

But she's still waking every night at 3am! And sometimes staying awake (happy) for like an hour!

Do you think it's a bit soon to be making her drop her nighttime feed? I just thought if she really needed she would keep waking up crying?

She has about 5x 5/6oz bottles a day (this is without the 3am feed) plus baby porridge on morning and full jar of 4-6m baby food + little yoghurt for tea.

Thanks in advance - you wouldn't think this was my second kid I've completely forgotten everything! X

Hey Sweetie!

I am a first time momma... i kept with the night feeds if madam wants them and she has dropped her last feed now...

She was having a bottle anywhere between midnight and 3 am and now sleeps through 9pm - 8am most days :)

I think you are best just giving little one the bottle if she wants it but see if she will sooth with her dummy first :)

xx

If she isn't hungry at the 3.00am wake up then I wouldn't offer her any milk. It sounds like she took dropping the feed in her stride but still likes some middle of the night mummy time. You might find after a week or so she just stops waking.

You could try changing bedtime or the timing of the late evening feed to see if this has any effect. I'd bring to earlier in the evening rather than later.

Thanks girls - I don't think she is waking for hunger but she Defo wants attention! Was just hopping for a full nights sleep soon, might have been wishful thinking!! Haha never mind!

Thanks you so much for your responses!

I'm afraid weaning and dropping night feeds never really helped my two sleep more, it just made them take longer to get back to sleep, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back