• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next baby Sizes???

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
I brought a pack of 5 sleep suits from Next, i got upto 1 month, which seem to be for upto 10lb baby... but they look really big! has anyone else found that they are quiet generious??? or are they standard 10lb??? im sure we gonna have a big baby, so im unsure whether to go with another upto 1month set (as they seem big) or go for upto 3 months???

can anyone help? what would you get?

I got a heap of these and they did her to just over 2 months - she was nearly 12lb at this point. They were a bit big for her at birth, she was 7lb 13oz. I had the Tesco 0-3 month ones to compare them to and she outgrew them BEFORE 2 months!

You'll be washing a lot to start off with, though, so I'd be tempted to get some bigger ones.

I find Next sizes on the generous size overall :)

I've just bought a load of Next stuff in the sale, and it looks enormous!

Agreed with the Tesco things - they seem to have plenty of room in them tummy-wise, but they're not very long. Sprog's nearly 11 weeks, and I'm practically out of the 0-3 months in disposables, and no chance of getting him in their things when he's in his reusables.

I thik Next clothes are quite big anyway.... Arianna still fits in 9-12mth Vests and she is 2yrs!

Yep definately find that Next clothes are on the generous side when it comes to size.

i dont think they are on shirts tho, leland has to wear a 9-12 !

but there sleepsuits are soo nice ! i couldnt find any in bigger size now as they think by his size he should be in pj;s but his still a baby :shakehead:

I find them all pretty generous in size too. The sleepsuits are quite wide, but not as long as others we have - so Phoebe ends up out growing the length, but go up a size and then you could almost fit 2 of her in the width!

So... we've moved on to footless pj's!

We have lots of stuff we got in the sale, and it looks like she's always going to be in a size smaller than she should be.

I have always found that Next clothes fits Jake for a bit longer than clothes from other shops.

Rudy has been wearing his up to 1 month since he was born and they are slightly large for him, but won't last for much longer now. He was 9lb8oz so quite a big baby. I would say up to 1 month would be ok unless you have a ginormous baby. I agree that tescos are pretty small, he was fitting his 0-3 baby grows straight away- I actually confused them with my mothercare newborn sizes.

Alex xxx

i find them quite big aswell thomas is only short so the newborn still fits him well, but i do find that if you tumbledry them on a 2 heat they do shrink a bit :)
xx

Gem & Leland said:
i couldnt find any in bigger size now as they think by his size he should be in pj;s but his still a baby :shakehead:

Next do them up to 2-3yrs! I have normal PJs for Oran but also a set of sleepsuits cause I still think he looks cute and like my baby in them lol.

I think next sizes are big - oran is just grown outta their 9-12 and in to 12-18 and it all fits but is a bit on the baggs size, I think will last him well past 18 months

Gem & Leland said:
i dont think they are on shirts tho, leland has to wear a 9-12 !

but there sleepsuits are soo nice ! i couldnt find any in bigger size now as they think by his size he should be in pj;s but his still a baby :shakehead:

Next go up to 18 months in sleepsuit sizes. We just got Galen up to a year size wise.

i recon they must have either not been in the sale then or sold out already ! i did do 3 next sales and not one sleepsuit in any of them passed 3 months ! ! but im not paying £12 for 3 sleepsuits ! i love my george ones too much for that and there only £4 for 3 lol

Gem & Leland said:
i recon they must have either not been in the sale then or sold out already ! i did do 3 next sales and not one sleepsuit in any of them passed 3 months ! ! but im not paying £12 for 3 sleepsuits ! i love my george ones too much for that and there only £4 for 3 lol

Shame they didn't have any. I can understand not wanting to spend £12 on 3. I always get a set of Next ones as I adore the patterns and they have the inbuilt scratch mits up to 6 months. Handy on cold nights also :) I get my others cheaper but have to get a 3 pack from Next cause I'm a sucker for their stuff :roll:

I have to say I was quite lucky with the sleepsuits - managed to get a 3-pack in 6-9, one lot in 9-12 and another lot in 12-18 all for £6 each. The first shop had none at all, the second I went to had millions. I loooove Next stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back