Newbie!

Pennie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

im new here so thought I would introduce myself.
Im 28 years old and have suffered repeated unexplained ectopic pregnancies.

In September this your Im due to have IVF treatment. very nervous and dont know what to expect.

speak to you all soon!

xx

Hi and welcome Pennie! There are a lot of girls in the same position as you in here. We all are supportive and have the one common goal! Welcome aboard the lttc train!!!

Hiya Pennie :good:

Sorry about your ectopics :( How many have you suffered? Have you lost any tubes?

When are you looking at starting IVF? How do they plan on avoiding an ectopic with IVF, are they assuming the egg is getting stuck before fertilisation?

Sorry about all the questions lol :)

Last edited:
Hi LouiseB,

I have suffered 6 pregnancy losses 6 losses. all ectopic. 2 treated with methatrexate, 3 turned to mc before treatment could be given and i lost my right tube on the last one. Ive had lap and dye and have no obvious proplems with my tubes infact the surgeon said they looked perfect no blockages or scarring at all. so my ectopics are unexplained.

I start my treatment this month, just waiting for mother nature to rear its ugly head then I start with the injections.
my implantation is booked for September either 1st or 2nd week dependant on my cycles ect.

As for avoiding ectopics, well they cant be avoided. they decide to wonder up my left tube then well im buggered!! lol

xx

Aw Pennie, that's more than anyone should have to go through :(

Well, maybe the right tube was the wonky one and now it's gone :)

Have they ruled out endo?

I thought maybe the consultants could transfer the embryo lower in the uterus or something, or do something anyway :)

Oh! I'm due transfer around the end of the first week in September - we're cycle buddies :good:

You should join us in the IUI/IVF thread xx

hi and welcome am also 28 and have had 5 losses (none have been ectopic.) so no how hard it is . every one is really lovely and help full in here. wishing you lots luck with your ivf xxxxxx

Hi pennie & welcome. Sorry for your losses, you had been thru a lot. There are lots of girls who can help with ivf advice. You're not alone. Hugs, Kay xxx

Welcome Pennie. Sorry to hear what you've been through but good luck with the Ivf x

Hi pennie welcome to pf!

Sorry to hear about your losses that is a lot to go through!

Are you getting treatment on the nhs for IVF?

As Lou said above is there anything they can give you to try and keep the pregnancy? I have a friend who has had an ectopic pregnancy and 3 mc, and next time she gets her BFP she will get medication to assist? Does that sound familiar?

It must be very frustrating for you because you can get pregnant it is the worry you must have after. I really feel
For you. However there are lots of girls here who have had repeated miscarriages and eptopics so hopefully they can offer you some advice.

Keep us updated in the IVF thread and good luck!

Love gizzy xxxx

Thank you everyone! so glad I found this site!!!!!!!

xxx

Aw Pennie, that's more than anyone should have to go through :(

Well, maybe the right tube was the wonky one and now it's gone :)

Have they ruled out endo?

I thought maybe the consultants could transfer the embryo lower in the uterus or something, or do something anyway :)

Oh! I'm due transfer around the end of the first week in September - we're cycle buddies :good:

You should join us in the IUI/IVF thread xx

Hi LouiseB,

they havent tested me for endo but I dont really have any of the symptoms.

I cant believe it! we are due transfer at exactly the same time!

really hope this works for the both of us!

i will see you in IVF thread

xx

Hi pennie welcome to pf!

Sorry to hear about your losses that is a lot to go through!

Are you getting treatment on the nhs for IVF?

As Lou said above is there anything they can give you to try and keep the pregnancy? I have a friend who has had an ectopic pregnancy and 3 mc, and next time she gets her BFP she will get medication to assist? Does that sound familiar?

It must be very frustrating for you because you can get pregnant it is the worry you must have after. I really feel
For you. However there are lots of girls here who have had repeated miscarriages and eptopics so hopefully they can offer you some advice.

Keep us updated in the IVF thread and good luck!

Love gizzy xxxx

Hi Gizzy

Yep im on the good ol NHS for my first ever cycle of IVF. Im not sure what your friend is having i havent been offered that. My problems lye completely with travel from the tube to the uterus. (their not even bloody blocked!! so frustrating!)

Thank you for the message.

xxx

hi and welcome am also 28 and have had 5 losses (none have been ectopic.) so no how hard it is . every one is really lovely and help full in here. wishing you lots luck with your ivf xxxxxx

Hi! Im so sorry for your losses. I havent met many people with as many losses as me before.

I really hope you get your BFP soon!

xxx

Hi Pennie

Sorry to hear about all your losses! I need to take Methatrexate for arthritis, so this is why I am TTC quite early.

I hope everything is postive going forward. Everybody is really nice and supportive on here.

X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back