TINKS82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum so thought I would say hi and introduce myself. I am trying to concieve and am in my 10th month. I am 29 and my partner is 40, not sure if this is effecting me getting pregnant, so any advice from people in the same boat would be great. I thought I would join as need some possitivity and feeling a bit low as everyone around me seems to be pregnant. Does anyone know when I should go to the doctors so infertility tests? I didnt think they look at you before you have been trying a year or more.

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Hi Tinks, and welcome to the forum, I would go and make an appointment to see your doctor soon as some doctors say 6 months some say 12 months either way they can advise you, good luck :) x

When I first come off the pill I went to see what i should be looking out for and what is normal because as silly as it sounds I had forgotten as I have been on the pill since age 15. The doctor thought I was stupid and I am a bit worried about going back. Do you have to see a doctor or can you see the nurse?

Hiya Tinks :)

I'm 26 and my hubby is 36 and we need to have IVF due to his semen results, so can't really reassure you regarding your partners age.

I think that with you being on your 10th month that you might as well just wait it out to legitimately quality for diagnostics after 12 month ttc, it says 12 month on the Nhs website so don't let them tell you any different.

In the meantime, just focus on your lifestyle because you do both need to meet certain requirements for treatment - a healthy BMI, no smoking, infrequent drinking, folic acid for you, zinc for hubby, etc.

One of our girlies just got pregnant after 11 cycles, so it is still "normal" and you do still have a chance ;)

Thanks for the advice. I thought I would wait as its only another couple of months. Sorry to hear you have to go through IVF, wish you all the luck in the world.

If its any help my friend went through IVF with her 1st and only had 1 good egg and he is now 6!! and she went on to try for another baby when her son was about 4, they had about 3 goes and very nearly gave up hope. She then fell pregnant with twin girls who are a year old on monday! I keep thinking of her every time I am down as there is hope and dreams do come true:) xx

Hi Tinks and welcome to PF.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Good Luck with TTC and im sure you will get your BFP soon xxx

:wave: Welcome to PF and best of luck on your TTC journey :) x

Hi Tinks welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey! xxx

Hi tink ! Welcome to the forum. I am on my 12 month of trying and 12 cycle so I understand your frustrations! The ladies here are lovely and full of knowledge so you will always have somebody to have a good old moan and rant too when you feel down.
Good luck and hope you get a BFP very soon x

hi hun! Welcome to the forum! Hope you get your bfp soon!! :)

hi tinks, welcome to PF :wave:

i don't think the age gap should affect ye concieving! there is a big age gap between me and OH but i had him checked from head to toe before we started TTC!

really hope everything does well for you!

x x x :dust: :dust:

Your all so lovely, look forward to our journey together. It's nice to feel at ease talking to people in the same boat xx

You'll be going mad with symptom spotting in your two week wait like the rest of us, very soon :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back