Newbie to the 13-26 week!!

Dawny

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just moved over from the 1-12 week forum and i am sooo excited!! Wow this pregnancy is going soooo fast!

I have a question re dopplers. I have not spoke to hubby yet about dopplers, and since i have my 2nd MW appt on 4th Oct and she will listen to the heartbeat i am sure i will be amazed and want my hubby to hear what i hear at that appt. So been toying with the idea of either renting for a few months or buying a doppler.

Does anyone have any good/bad stories with them i.e. really reasurred you hearing the heartbeat or caused unecessary worry if you couldn't find it at that moment?? I think I might worry unecessarily if i can't find the heartbeat?

Anyone got any recommendations?

i bought a doppler about 2 months ago from a site someone recommended on here... absolutely love it.

(will find the site in a minute and post it for you)

I only listen every couple of days when I feel like it.. a couple of times it has been difficult to find a heart beat and I would be lying if I said it han't worried me... but I kept trying and eventually heard that heart pounding away... it is a fantastic sound and very reasurring.

Mine was one of those where you rent it for some long and either send it back at then end or after so many months it is yours anyway....

hello dawny!
welcome to second tri! :dance:

i bought one of the summer heart moniters from mothercare and my midwife said they were 100% safe! there is no need for gel either! the only thing is you need to be 21 weeks to start hearing the heartbeat, movements and hickups!
but there really good! :D

shell x

That would be fab fiona, thanks!

I have only heard good things about them, so i am really considering getting one and suprising my hubby as it's his birthday in 2 weeks and so to hear his baby's heartbeat would be a great birthday present. Already got him a couple of presents, but that would top them both! lol!

HI
I totally love mine- I heard the heartbeat at about 11weeks, which was soooo reassuring as i'd had a mc previously.
I do try to limit how often I listen else it gets silly - but i would recommend it to anyone.
Recently I was worried cos i had pains low down so I rang my GP and when I told him i'd checked HB he was dead impressed - bless im :roll:
Got to be a great husbands brithday pressie ( that you get to enjoy too :dance: )
ps can e-mail the site if you want it!

Hi Dawny - welcome to the club!!

I bought myself an Angel Heart Monitor from Ebay for about £30.

Took until about 16 weeks before I heard the heartbeat - but I'm 20 weeks now and you can hear it banging away like a little train!!

Hi dawny and welcome to the 2nd trimester, hope your pregnancy is going well and you are feeling a bit better this trimester xx :cheer:

Hi Dawny :wave:

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester.

Like Shaz I have an Angel Sounds they are very reasonable and provide good reassurance.

I think your husband would love one for a Bday pressie! What a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back