Newbie, really needing advise and someone to chat with...

WinterFlake

Reaction score
...who hopefully wont think I'm daft!

Hi, Am sorry if this has been done over and over again but I can't talk to anyone I know about it as I may just be going crazy!!!... please any wisdom/advice very welcome... :eek:)

I would really like a baby although my Hubby doesn't think it is a good time at mo so i am currently on the pill...

I had to change pills last cycle (due to extreme mood swings). Went to Drs whilst on 7 day break, and she told me it was ok to start new pack after the break and I would be protected... I questioned this but she stuck by it, so I had break and started new pills on Mon 11th June...

- Reading the pill leaflet now, it says that there should be NO 7 day break if changing pills, so I'm thinking I have actually been 'unprotected' this month-

So for the last 2-3 weeks these have been my symptoms...

From 18th to Mon 25th June I had a lot of CM that was lots heavier than ever experiened before (sorry tmi!!) Then, I had an extremely faint watery brown discharge over 3 days and since then have had extremely little to no discharge (which is unusual).

I have had mild cramps on and off and a constant dull ache/tingling, low in my stomach and slight lower back pain; also had a lot of bloating so am struggling to put jeans on in morning!!

I was sick once last week (triggered by salad cream) after eating a full meal, and have since had an aversion to Salad cream.. been faintly nauseus every now and then but nothing too extreme.

Had slight tingling, itchy nipples on occasion but no sore bbs.

Have suffered diahrrea in mornings switching to constipation on occasion??

Also waking up with blocked nose and haven't stopped sneezing for last 2 weeks!! (could be hayfever?).

Some things have tasted odd but no metal taste in back of mouth,

--------------
So these are what has been going on with me over the last few weeks... i know full well that is likely these are just symptoms of starting a new pill but I cannot stop the feeling that the aching/bloating is actually something more...

PS...I would never deliberately get PG unless hubby agreed to it, but I really can't help hoping for an accident..

Am so sorry for going on but really cannot talk about this to anyone as I am due on in the next few days and it is too early to really be saying any of this outloud!

many thanks for listening :)

Hello and welcome to the board!

The symptoms you describe certainly do sound like pregnancy ones, but there's only one way to find out! Take a test!

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want.......let us know!

:hug:

Thank you sammystar,

Am trying to hold off taking test for a couple of days to be sure.

Tried taking one 10 days ago but realised this was way to early for such a cheap test and the negative just screamed at me!

Have a couple of tests waiting in my drawer... If no show by thursday I will test.

:eek:) x WF x

The sore nipples, constipation and such sound like good symptons but remember that our minds can play nasty tricks esp when you've switch pills just like that, phantom pregnancies can occur on the rare occasion.

However, sods law will say yes you are, I was in a position like yoursm just not switching pills, was on the pill, he was using a condom and i was on anti-biotics, it wasn't the right time at all, new relationship and such but we are both happy as ever.

How many weeks was it sincw you switched pills? I'm asking because if 4 weeks, a test you can buy may not pick up a pregnancy, so to be double sure, visit your doctor for a test.

xx

I agree weith you josephine beth! but test to make sure for at laeast 2 days on the trot in the morning early as first pee of the day contains more pregnancy hormone.

Hello
sounds v promising

last month I had a phatom preg, I convinced myself I had all the symptoms, I even went off yoghurts, I had really bad pms and my period arrived....you have more symptoms than me tho esp the CM and brown discharge (implantation bleeding perhaps).
you can buy early tests, tescos have a good early one, i found clear blues to be overpriced. I had a m/c in march and i knew i was pregnant, I got dizzy one day and nearly fainted, thats when i knew but it was a couple of days before my period was due, i tested and it was positive
good luck and let us know how you get on
I love the poem by the way
i had it read at my wedding xxx

p.s i am quite new to this forum too ....

Thank you everyone, your answers have been really helpful and encouraging.

I've had a bit more cramping and "butterflies! today and a hot flush!... although I am due on in the next couple of days so could be that, but usually never get cramping until the second I am on.

I will wait a couple more days to test as I don't want to feel silly at getting a negative test and then AF arriving the next day.. :oops:

Thank you though, it's good to have people to talk to about this... :cheer:

Ginnymarie, i love the poem too... hadn't thought of reading it at wedding though... getting married next year and think that is great idea...
(PS. I call OH "hubby" already as don't like the term "fiance")

Hi and welcome!

Sounds like you have promising symptoms. Can't wait to see if you get a BFP!

My coil came out 4 weeks ago and I have had very similar symptoms to you. My last AF was 6 weeks ago today. But I had a three day bleed after my coil came out, 4 weeks today. Still no AF has yet!

I wish you all the best. My partner wanted a baby, now phobia has struck again. So we are in similar positions. Hoping for the miracle accident!lol

Baby Dust to you!

Sophs x

I think the male phobia kicks in all the time when the reality of having a kid actually hits them. Same thing happened to my hubbie but after having my coil out we weren't really using any protection...so obviously things happen. They just have the whole bunny in head lights look on their faces for a few weeks after you have told them but in general if they love you they will come round.

Winterflake...It really sounds like you could be pregnant although changing your pill can really mess with your cycle. I think that you should test as soon as you can after you miss your AF...if it is negative, try again in a weeks time, if AF still hasn't arrived. Thats what I had to do and the second time it was a definate BFP!!!

hi & welcome,
the tests u can buy on ebay which are stupidly cheap can give u a positive result 2-5 days before u are due on,i use them and they are always accurate.

Hello
any news ?

yes the poem went down a storm at the wedding, people were almost in tears...

i had a light AF and tested again today 4 days later, im not pregnant but thats cool...will be TTC this month again so will be watching for symptoms

yours sounded v promising...

good luck and let us know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back