Newbie here!

lea554

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just wanted to say hi. Me and hubby have only very recently began ttc, and this forum was the first thing ive come across, thats helped me get my head around everything (well, not everything, there are SO many 3 letter abbrevations that I dont understand,lol!).

Ive just come off the pill last month, which I was on for 10 years, so have no idea what my cycles are like, etc, so have put my dates into an iphone app, which has told me my 'fertile' days, and think I will start from there!

So hello, and good luck to everyone :wave:

welcome to the forum lea, learning the lingo is tricky but you will soon pick it up here are some of the main ones:
AF - Aunt Flow - Period
BFN - Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Tests)
BFP - Big Fat Positive (Pregnancy Test)
CM- Cervical Mucus
DH- Dear Husband
EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus

If you look on Site Help & Testing Area there is thread on there which has them all listed.

I am in my second month of ttc and had been on the pill for 15 years so I was worried how quickly my cycle would return, I came off end of April and had my first period mid June so not to much of a gap, hopefully for you your body will quickly bounce back from the after effects of the pill.

Good luck x x x x

Hi Vicky, thank for that - posts are starting to make a lot more sense now!

I really hope my body bounces back from the pill quickly - being on here just makes me really impatient, although im sure everyone on here feels the same way. I have a very confrontational job, that I would have to be moved from as soon as I fall pg, so I need to get in the mindset that so much is going to change!

BTW, I love your wedding pic!

Hi Lea

I'm pretty much in the same boat - just come off the pill which I've been on for 10 years and hubbie and I decided to TTC so we are in exactly the same position. Have no idea what my cycle will be like! I'm also brand new to this so wanted to say hi!

Jodie x

thanks lea it is my fav picture from our wedding album. When you do fall pregnant you should get them to do a risk assesment at work, I know some people prefer to wait till they are 12 weeks before telling but if your job is stressful maybe worth having a chat with your boss.

Jodie hopefully you wont have to wait long for your natural cycle to return but dont panic if it takes a little while that is normal, I had to wait 6 weeks for mine and I think that was quite short compared to some.

Thanks Vicky that's good to know - have heard some horror stories about it taking months so FX that won't be me! x

Hi Jodie!
Yes, I suppose time will tell - just want to get this first month out the way and done with, so I know where I am...watch this space, lol!

x

Hi Lea,
Wanted to say hi and sprinkle some positive baby dust

:dust::dust:

Hope you get your BFP soon :)

Pinky x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads