NEW TO THIS!

khartnett

Reaction score
Hello All! I found pregnancy forum on a web search and joined today. My name is Kasey I am 27 years old and expecting my 2nd baby. We have a daughter called Holly who is 6 years old. I am 8 weeks pregnant going to the doctors to confirm today.

Its been so long since I was last pregnant what happens after that? lol

Kasey xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the forum.

This is my first baby so it's all brand new to me!! I had an appointment with my doctor at 6 weeks to confirm my pregnancy and all he did was ask if I'd done a test (I didn't want to tell him I'd done about 20 by then!! :oops: ) and said they didn't need to test again because the home tests are just as accurate as theirs so congratulations and make an appointment with a midwife on your way out!!

I was nearly 13 weeks by the time I did see a midwife though :x If you can you should see a MW (Midwife) as soon as possible so you can be booked for a 12 week dating scan.

I had a small bleed at 7 weeks and had to go for an early scan and my local Early Pregnancy Assesment Unit so they made my 12 week scan for me while I was there so it didn't matter that I was nearly 13 weeks before I saw my MW

Good luck and hopefully you'll be having a happy and healthy 8 months

:hug:

Congratulations!! :cheer: Either the doctors will contact your local MidWife or give you a number to contact her yourself to book in for your first appointment (i was about 8weeks at my first appointment) where you'll fill out all the forms needed and get your maternity notes, then you'll receive your dating scan in the post after a little while. x

I rang my doctors at 4 weeks, and the receptionist said " If you've had a positive test, I will let the midwife know and she will be in touch"

Then I got an appointment in the post for my dating scan, which is next week,and a note saying to call midwife to arrange a time for her to give me my pregnancy notes, which is today!! :dance:

Btw Im 9 weeks.

Hi ya, went to the doctors on Friday. They asked me to do another pregnancy test and confirmed it. yay! I had to fill out some paperwork for exemption certificate and some other stuff.

They said that I will now have to wait for a scan appointment how long do you recon if will be, any idea? After that they said I will receive a date for midwife when I had my daughter you saw the midwife then went for the scan. Lol

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, excellent weather! x

Welcome and congratulations to you - really great news!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back