New To The Welcoming Community-Hello

TPooh

Reaction score
Hello there,

I came across this nice community through internet search. Like for a lot of people, joining these kinds of forums is a huge step in feeling ready to share life goals and stories with those who might find some kind of kindred spirit. So here it goes...

I'm 36 years old, and I also have High Asperger's. I'm married to my great husband of almost years. We're in the point in our lives where we feel that we're finally ready to start a family. With that being said, I understand that there are a lot of things to prepare for, physically, mentally, and emotionally. But the very first step for me right now is to start feeling brave enough to open up and embrace any communication I can create. It's also a good feeling knowing that if my stories can encourage even one person, then I shouldn't feel any regrets in coming here.

Anyways, it would be nice to get to know all of you. Any stories, advice, or support you would like to share that can help me beat the odds, I would be very grateful and open to hear. Thanks!

Hi TPooh and welcome :wave:
I have been a member of the forum for about 7 years now and have received a lot of so support through the worst and best experiences of my life so I very much hope that it's beneficial for you. Good luck xx

Hello and welcome!

I too found this community through internet search. Thanks for sharing your story. My husband relatively recently was diagnosed with high functioning autism and it changed our lives in a positive ways, I general it helped us to understand what we would label as his "quirks" and his "social shyness". His diagnosis stated that he's so high functioning that it makes it difficult to see the line between regular shyness and autism anxiety. Our little Tammy apparently didn't inherit that trait from hubby but we know that it might develop in later stages so we keep it in mind.

Yes, you can do everything just take one step at a time, and yes, reading your story it encourages me and I'm sure many people.

Sending prayers your way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back