• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

new to site and found out im pregnant yesterday. TERRIFIED

rowena

Reaction score
Hey all my name is Rowena. I have just joined the forum as need some advice/help. Im 26 and found out im pregnant yesterday. Iv never been maternal or really wanted children. I also had an abortion when i was 19 due to being young and not ready.
Iv been with my chap only 6 months which is a huge issue to me in regards to having a baby. He wants the child and is full of ideas for the fututre. We do not live together yet but both own our own houses and he wants to move in with me and sell his house. We also have two dogs who we cherish.
I have just quailifed as a mental health nurse and am in a hectic part of my career.
I dont know what to feel/think and am scared

Firstly welcome to the forum! We are all here to try and help!!
I can't advise but can only suggest you take it one day at a time!
How far along are you?
I wouldn't panic though as you can still do your job around baby? Do you have any extra help you can lean on?
Maybe lay your cards down to your fella and let him do the same and then come to a conclusion?
Hope your ok xx

Congratulation Rowena,
Take a deep breath and try to relax. You have a long time to plan things re work, houses etc just take it one day at a time like Babybo says and look after yourself. xx

Its a lot of our first times as well...i have found this forum so supportive - so rest assured if you need any advice we are always here to offer advice
obviously in terms of your situation - this is something that you need to think about/ and discuss with your other half...
but i agree with the others , take each day as it comes.x

Hi Rowena, welcome to pf. I'm sorry that you seem to have lots of doubts, but hope that you find the answers you are looking for.

Expecting a baby is overwhelming, esp if it's not planned etc etc, but I do know one thing and that is that there is always reasons not to have a baby but when one comes along it's the best job in the world. It's the hardest job in the world, no doubt, but omg it's amazing!

Best of luck to you hun xxx

rowena, im in exacrtly the sdame boat baby was an accident, the father doesnt want anything to do with it and is tellin me to get an abortion and so as you can imagine im all over the place and im about to start a brilliant new job in the operating theatres however wheni saw my little one on the screen at a 6 week scan i fell in love and althought i think maybe it would be better of it was over i dnt think i could go through with it.
Only you and your partner can decide and it seems to me that you have the support you need, hope you make the right decisionx

Hi Rowena,
Welcome to the site I would suggest what the others have already said. Take each day as it comes and try not to make any rash decisions.

I will pretty much say the same, take a breath and sit down and talk it out with him, tell him your views.

Main thing is to calm down though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back