New to second trimester

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just joined the second trimester, 14 weeks today. It feels great to get here at last.
:D

Hi Bagpuss,

Glad you have made it to the 2nd trimester. The time seems to be flying....not long till our next scans!!!

Hope everything is going well

Amy xx

Thanks Amy,

Time is flying now. Got my second midwife appointment tomorrow, so I shall enquire about my 20 week scan.

I'm getting lots of cramps at the moment, must be all the growing that's happening inside my body. Time to have a lie down! :)

Bagpuss - me too!!!

Just yesterday it started - cramping in my left side - comes in waves. Nothing painful just uncomfortable.

Time is flying now I must admit.

S

hi bagpuss and welcome :)
sure we will b having lots of moans together in the second trimmester 8)

welcome bagpuss nice to have some new faces in here its been pretty quiet lately xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All!

I'm new to 2nd Trimester too! So glad to finally get here!

How are you all feeling? I feel fine appart from my sickness is still here :cry: I've been signed off work with it just now. Hopefully it will leave me soon :?

Have you got your dates for your 2nd scan yet? Mine is on the 14th Feb - I can't wait. Really want to find out the sex of the baby so that I can start planning etc.

S. xx

Hi all,

Hope your sickness gets better Sarah. I'm feeling a lot better physically, only feel sick first thing.

I'm feeling really low at the moment though. I've just had my second midwife appointment. She was running very late, no apology for that.

I was in there for literally minutes. Probably so she could catch up with her schedule.

She said last time that she would listen to the babys heartbeat but then was reluctant to because I'm only 14 weeks. I have a doppler so I know it can be picked up. So she agreed to do it.

She plonked the doppler on my stomach really hard and took it away really quickly - really worth the effort! So glad I bought my own now. Then she told me that they've been told not to use them now until 36 weeks!

I've had a letter through for an obstrecians appointment in mid - March. She put me forward for consultant led care because of the bleeding I've had. She couldn't remember anything about it - fair enough I suppose with the amount of people they see. No where in the letter does it say that it's my detailed scan but she said it is. It must be but it's all so vague and she's so scatty I don't trust her at all.

I'm just really unhappy with the care she's providing. She's not interested at all.

Another lady who went in before me came out very disgruntled too. I heard her say that the midwife won't answer any of her questions.

I don't know what to do but I just know that I'm really not happy with the midwife I've got, I feel as though I may as well not have one. My doctors offer more interest than her.

:D Welcome Bagpuss,from Bagpuss!!
Hope you are feeling well. I hope you can sort something out with your midwife;I can't imagine how it must feel to have someone who is supposed to be somebody who you can trust and feel comfortable with as your midwife with an attitude like that.Keep your chin up :)

Bagpuss, I'm not sure what it's like where you are but here I have the choice of seeing midwife at the Doctors or midwife at the Hospital. I chose the hospital as I wasn't too impressed with the one at the doctors. When I went for my first appt she didn't check anything like weight, blood pressure... nothing really.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

S. xx

Hi Bagpuss, excellent choice of username - how many cats have you got?!

Thanks Sarah. I'll check that out and read my info again and see what options are available to me. I need to see my GP because of tenderness I've got in my upper stomach area anyway. I think I'll mention something then. There's no way I'm going through all my care with this midwife. She's assigned to my surgery so I can't see how I can change to another midwife very easily. It may just be that I have to see my GP and the midwives at the hospital.

She doesn't seem interested at all. I don't think I would be disadvantaged from not having her care because it's so bad. I can't see how she would be any use if she was present at a birth.

Hi Bagpuss, excellent choice of username - how many cats have you got?!

Hi Bagpuss!!

I have got 10 cats,8 moggies and 2 persians,and a stray that I am trying to get to trust me enough to move in :lol:

At my surgery there are two midwives,each have different ladies under their care.I'm sure that I could swap if I needed to,but as I said before I have been lucky to like my midwife.I really do hope you can sort something out.Fingers crossed :)

Wow, you've got your handsful with 10 cats.

I've got 4. They're all moggies. I'm really worried about how they'll react to a baby in the house but we'll always have time for our moggies.

I volunteer for the Cats Protection and so many women give up their cats when they have babies. Not me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back