If your ovulating can you 100% become pregnant!

siouxie

Reaction score
I have been trying for a year now and the last 3 periods i have had have become only 2 days long when they are always 4 normally 5.

Im getting a bit worried now, and am planning on buying some ovulation tests, i was just wondering if you ovulate, does this mean you are defiantly not infertile. Or can you ovulate and be infertile.

Thanks

There can still be fertility issues even when you do Ovulate. Try to do the tests at about two in the afternoon. And don't drink too much beforehand or you will dilute you're urine x

just as princess says - many women on here ovulate but are taking time to become pregnant and some unfortunately have real problems. it may be wirth discussing your recent very short periods with your gp. have you done a preg test to make sure you are definately not pregnant?

No I haven't done one, as although they have become short my tummybhasnt grown on changed in size. I'm a size 10 so I thought I'd deffo notice if I was by now. I'm going to wait and see what happens with my next period and if its still unusual I am going to make an appointment.

I think, and I might be wrong here..... the ovulation tests only tell you when you are producing LH hormone. that is the hormone that surges for approx 2 days to stimulate your ovaries into producing an egg, ie ovulation.
I think the only sure way to know if you are actually releasing an egg is to get a test from the doc? like I said I may be completely wrong.
I have my blood test on Friday to see if I am ovulating so I am sure I will be properly educated then!

good luck

Anyone know if you can not ovulate and still get +OPKs AND a temp rise?

I would have thought if it shows up on a ovulation test u would have ovulated, how long have u been trying 4?

Anyone know if you can not ovulate and still get +OPKs AND a temp rise?

You can get + opk & not ovulate, but I don't think you can get + opk & temp rise & not have ovulated. I may be totally wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

Since coming off the pill to start TTC my periods have been nothing like they were Pre-pill. They last about 2 days, sometimes only a day and a half with light spotting after that and are extremely light as well. I was worried this was a sign that I wasn't ovulating but after blood test it was clear I am.
I have been temping and that shows clear signs of ovulating too (temp rise), as said OPK's can show a positive and you still not ovulate but temping is a way of confirming if you ovulate as you won't get a temp rise, with sustained elevated temps if you haven't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back