• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Look / Aquanatal

kitty1987

Reaction score
Just bought a bikini for aquanatal because my swimming costume makes my bump itch for some reason. I chose new look because they had a sale and do my bra size but jesus their sizes are weird. Im a size 14 and haven't really got bigger in that respect because I'm still buying size 14 clothes but they only had a 16 in bikini bottoms. I bought the 16 and they just about fit so OH is in town getting me an 18 lol. Made me feel really big (i know 18 isnt really big but I'm having a crap day) I hate buying clothes just to find they don't fit!

Lol I'm sorry about the pointless post I just feel crap today and fancied a rant.

P.S Does anybody else do aquanatal? I don't really know what to expect

I've had a look at it, but funnily enough they don't do evening slots and I don't really want to bugger off for a couple of hours at lunchtime. Why does nobody think about women who work when scheduling these classes?

I know in Derby they only do it on a Wednesday morning. Luckily I don't usually start work until about 12 so I'm just going to tell my manager that it has to stay like that on a Wednesday

If your midwife states that aquanatal is part of your antenatal care (most mws seem more than happy with this as there are lots of pros to keeping fit, especially in water) then your employer is legally obliged to give you paid time off for it.

I really want to do aquanatal but can't get through to the community midwife who organises it (and it's not for want of trying - I've been off this week so must have phoned at least a dozen times every day but nothing! :wall: )

When do people start aquanatal classes? I had this feeling it was later on (but my mw told me to book as early as possible - who's she kidding?! :roll: )

I asked at my local swimming baths and they said starting anytime after 14 weeks is fine

kitty1987 said:
I asked at my local swimming baths and they said starting anytime after 14 weeks is fine

Aquanatal appears to be a completely separate mw run thing where I am - I know it isn't at the local sports centre swimming pool... I think I just need to get through to those blimmin' midwifes!!!

Julie84 said:
If your midwife states that aquanatal is part of your antenatal care (most mws seem more than happy with this as there are lots of pros to keeping fit, especially in water) then your employer is legally obliged to give you paid time off for it.

I know that I would be entitled to, however it would mean quite a bit of disruption to my working day and also be unfair to my team, so I don't really want to go down that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back