never thought i'd post this (i added a pic)

Andrianne

Reaction score
I used to be ttc (kind of) long time ago with no luck. Maybe it was for the best

I am with somebody new, very very new :( And just today I got a BFP.. I can't believe this, I can't believe I'm pregnant. I think the line there means nothing.

I was having beers up until Friday
Running at the gym
Following a treatment for an infection (cream called Flagystatin that you insert with applicator)
OH is on meds
I'm drinking so much coffee

I don't know what to feel. I don't know what to do. I booked a short holiday in April, just a few days ago. I'm doing my master, should be finishing around October. My parents will be shocked. My OH too (or not, the day of the accident I told him. now i know when it happened, only takes once apparently). He wants kids like crazy but I think he'll be shocked to find out. He's been going through a rough period lately, this will be too much for him

I'm all over the place. I have an appointment with a doctor for my infection, it's tomorrow. I'll have so many questions

It's still 7.30 am here. I want to go buy more tests, i don't believe it

Thank you for reading. Please reassure me it's going to be fine. And that I haven't harmed the baby with the beers or the cream (i know you're not doctors, i just need some comfort). I'm so numb

Andrianne

edited to add this:

FRER1.jpg

it's positive, right?

please dont worry! i did a few things before i found out i was pregnant that i was really worried about, but bubs is fine x

Try not to worry abour drinks and meds. I didn't know I was pregnant as Jack was a happy surprise, I was in hospital in decemer (5weeks gone but did not know) I was sedated for treatment, I was also out celebrating xmas and new year and even went on the bucking bronco in a pub :oops: Babies are a lot more resilient than you think.

Congratulations, these things usually happen when you least expect so your bound to be all over the place but i'm sure your fine. I was in a new relationship too so appreciate your worry but you'll cope just fine :hug:

sparky said:
please dont worry! i did a few things before i found out i was pregnant that i was really worried about, but bubs is fine x
Me too...

I only found out late i was pregnant....
I was a pure party girl, out every night drinking ect and my baby seems ok at both scans so i wouldnt worry.

Me and Lee were shocked about having a baby because im nearly 20 and he's 21 but after the initial shock were looking forward to it now and cant wait!

Hope everything is ok with u xxx :hug:

Awwww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't worry about the beers and the cream. Many of us did things before we found out we were PG.

Now you know you are PG you can make any changes you want to your lifestyle and eating and drinking habits :)

And start taking folic acid asap :)

I'm sure once you've had a bit of time to get your head rounds things you'll feel better. It can be so overwhelming finding out your are PG even if planned so don't fret too much.

Hopefully you can have all your questions ready for your Doctor tomorrow and s/he will be able to explain things for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you all for the quick replies

I want to keep the baby as I can't see myself aborting. I don't know how OH will react, I hope he will take it well

I come from a traditional country and although my parents are open-minded and not so traditional, I can't help but think they'll be so embarassed about this to all their friends and family. People there usually get married before having kids, i don't care what they say about me but I'd hate for my parents to feel ashamed for their daughter

What should I start doing before seeing the doctor? Folic acid? What about coffee? What food should I stay away from?

It's so surreal, I don't have any symptoms, felt like AF was coming but I just had this nagging feeling. I'm not even late for my period yet. I so wasn't expecting this.

I'm thinking since it's early days it should be OK.

Thank you so much ladies

**edited for correction because more people had replied**

Andrianne said:
What should I start doing before seeing the doctor? Folic acid? What about coffee? What food should I stay away from?

Start with folic acid asap :)

Reducing caffeine intake is always good as in first tri there has been a link to too much caffeine causing problems in early pregnancy. Try to drink water to keep you hydrated. I cut out all caffiene until I was 15 weeks along, and even now hardly touch it. Just the odd cup if I fancy it every now and again.

Just relax, try to eat well but don't deprive yourself of treats. Chances are you won't feel like eating a lot of foods soon anyways. All I could stomach and wanted was pasta with ketchup. I ate fruit and veg also to ensure I got my vitamins and nutrients. And then I went on to eating satsumas, bags of them :roll: Eat sensibly is the key, if you are able.

There are a few foods it is advised to avoid, but it depends on your diet now as to if you even eat them. Not sure where you are living, so can't say what your diet might consist of normally.

Just make sure things like chicken if you eat it, is piping hot before serving. And don't eat unpasturised milk, cheese etc. And make sure eggs are cooked not runny.

I'm sure others will have some tips also :)

Aww babe :hug: I really feel for you.

Mine wasn't planned either and had only been with my OH 3/4 months when we found out... Don't go by my situation (he left me!) as if he wants children, I'm sure he'll be great.

Don't worry about the drinking alcohol, I drank LOTS at our Xmas party and my baby is fine! We can't give up alcohol forever on the off chance that we might accidentally fall pregnant!

Yep, do start taking folic acid and try to cut down on your coffee (do you like tea? I think it's better for baby)..

But anyway, I am sure you will be fine!! :hug: Lots of hugs to you xxx

dannii87 said:
Don't worry about the drinking alcohol, I drank LOTS at our Xmas party and my baby is fine!

ditto i drank so much xmas day! little did i know i was about 10 weeks preggers! :cheer:

dont worry about the beer, i was trolloyed a few days before i got my bfp with my son :lol:

I agree with Sherlock, Folic acid is the most important thing now :D

Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :D

I found out xmas day about 10pm, after about 4 glasses of large wine and prior to that having a glass of wine almost every night leading upto xmas for a few days. My sister was pregnant a few years ago and found out first week of Jan after having partied well and proper for a good few weeks....she has a healthy and beautiful son...so dont worry at all. Most of us are in your situation because we have had our drinks, smokers smoke uptil they find out and then boom - we have to change into healthy living...

So dont worry...you will be absolutely fine...Congratulations on your BFP

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Don't worry about what you've eaten/drunk before knowing you're pregnant...I'm sure we all had things that weren't recommended.

Thanks everyone, you're all very kind

Ok, I won't worry about the things I've been doing up until today.

I got the folic acid so started that. Tomorrow I'll ask the doctor what else needs to be done (i'm in Canada, don't know the procedures here), they might send me for blood tests or other tests.

It hasn't sunk in at all. I'm still unsure if I'll continue with the pregnancy, my heart says yes definitely but my head can think of so many things why I shouldn't...

Anyway, won't bore you with that now, it's not the right section

Thanks all for your wishes :hug:

Bless you :hug: You DO need to talk about it though hun so definitely PM people that can help... I'm going to PM you something but with regard to you being in Canada, Elle'sMummy is in Canada too...

Don't make any rash decisions though, once you make that decision, you can't go back :hug: Have you spoken to your OH?

xxx

Thanks Danni :hug:

No I won't rush to any decision.. I just need to talk to a few people, I can't think straight

Haven't told him yet. I'll be seeing him in a bit. Unless something gives me away, I don't think I'll tell him before next week. He has a big show coming up on Sat and other things have gone rough for him lately, this will just be too much for him. I'll hold out till next week. That way I'll have thought things through and be able to tell him in a more "mature" way

He knows I'm down about some other thing going on so I can always blame it on that. I do dread him taking me out for a beer lol. But we've been out before without me having one. It should be OK for a few days

I'll check the PM but I'm on my way out so I'll reply asap.

Thanks again, much appreciated. Good to see you're moving to 2nd trimester :D Best wishes :hug:

Hope all goes well when you chat to him.

Me and OH were not prepared for ours either and was a surprise as I was on the pill. We were so unsure what to do, and I had to think through and write down my own thoughts on how I would feel if things went either way, and with or without him. He was quite angry at first and sulked for a while when I said I was keeping the baby, but after 3 days he agreed to stand by me, and after seeing the scan yesterday and the look on his face I know it was the right choice to make for us, but it is always down to the individual and how they feel, no one else. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back