never thought i would say this while ttc but so glad to see af

fairydust1984

Reaction score
hello,

i could do with a bit of advice we are ttc num2 i came of the pill around 7th dec and thought i would never get my af was so worried that my body was going to take ages to get back to normal but got af yesterday afternon,

now we can start trying properly knowing that my body is well on the way to gettig back to normal yeah how do you know when you are ovulating ect or will it take a few cycles untill i know

thanks

Seeing as you dont know how long your cycles are going to be now that you are off the pill, ovulation calulators aren't going to be much help. I would invest in some Ov tests and start testing from about the 10th cd... it might take a few goes but you should start seeing a pattern of when you are Ov'in. You can also track your temp and discharge, google it. xx

When I've come off the pill to TTC I have assumed a regular cycle until I know otherwise. I've never bothered with OPKs TBH. If you had regular-ish cycles before then assume you will again, even if it take a while to settle.

This is a good calculator and the one I used. You can adjust the cycle length if you know you had longer or shorter cycles before, or just stick with 28 for the moment.

http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html

Put in the first day of your first bleed after you stopped the pill and go from there.

You might like to use OPKs but do bear in mind that they dont work for everyone. My sister used them everyday for a month and they said she hadnt ovulated....yet she was pregnant that same month. I never used them and I fell pregnant 3rd cycle with #1, 2nd with #2 and 1st cycle with #3.

:)

thanks ladies thouht i would post we head out really hopefull that we will catch this month fingers crossed.

xxx

I have nothing more to add but Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome I am also trying to establish a cycle after coming off the pill i've been charting my temp but a little unsuccessfully so will be trying opk's next cycle! Good luck TTC :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back