Never satisfied

Minime

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Its like trying to feed the triffid from little shop of horrors!! FEED ME SEYMORE! :wall:

As you know I spoke to HV who have agreed eefie needs some solids so we started him on baby rice once a day. He is still constantly hungry, I can get him to stretch to 3 hours between feeds. I dread going out as I feed him minutes before and if he wakes up when I'm out he kicks off so everything is rush rush rush.

HV came round and he woke up whilst she was there so she saw what he's like, he'd been fed 8oz just an hour and half before hand and was kicking off for more. She's now recommended baby rice at least 2-3 times a day. I mix up 3 spoons of rice with 3oz milk (that makes about 20 spoonfuls) and he eats the lot PLUS an 8oz bottle and still he wants more :shock:
He's awake most of the day and its like a constant cycle of feeding, trying to pacify him with a dummy or distraction until the next feed.

He just never seems content, well sometimes he'll sleep after a feed for abot half hour max then it starts again. I dont think there's anything else I can do as hes got to stay on baby rice only until 17 weeks, HV said he's already the weight that babies wean so agrees he needs a little bit more.

He's 14 and half pound at 9 weeks. There's another little boy who lives near me same age and weight but he's a happy content little soul on mixed breast and formula feeding, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with him as he's never content :think:

have no words of wisdom for you but sending you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would put him onto baby porridge and rusks,but thats me. I would say at 14lbs his weight can cope (digestive system) with this. Being as hungry as he is then I would have to,is he on hungry baby formula?

Sorry cant help much more but thoughts are with you as my first DD was like this and was 32lb at 6 months

C

Are you bf or bottle feeding? If you are bottle feeding have you tried the hungry baby milk?!?!

:hug: :hug:

I feel for you hun! :hug: He must just be a really hungry baby. I don't think its anything to do with his weight either as Nathan was 15lb at 11 weeks and only takes about 30oz of cow and gate plus a day and he is satisfied with that. Hope you find something that works soon.

Yeah he's been on hungry baby milk for weeks. He's got colic which is why HV said keep him on baby rice coz he got a sensitive tum. Checked DD's weight chart and she was just over 11lb at same age, he's chuffin huge!

I did try him on porridge as the other HV said to try that instead but then realised it wasnt gluten free. I assumed it was as it said for babies from 4 months.

hell he is big luke was 9lb 14oz at 10 weeks!! although he was small to start with!! bless you, you got a full time job with your little (big) man!! :hug:

i hope giving him the rice is helping. :pray:

You can get Banana porridge from Organix which is gluten free. But it does say on it from 4months onwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back