Never Let A Man Do Your Shopping!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
My OH volunteered to get some bits from Asda while he went to Jobcentre. He's never shopped for me before, and rarely comes with me. So i wrote him a list of what i need.
THREE times he's called me for help! I've explained where the aisles are, what packet we get. I think he must have gone round the shop 3 times!
There must have been about 8 things on this list too!

Then he complained! Lol. He wouldn't let us come with him as he said he didn't feel comfortable us being in the car in this weather. Fair enough. But never again! :wall: :lol:

Hahaha my ex was hopeless....would always take his phone with him and call me at least twice while wondering round the aisles.Luckily my current OH is a lot better,hes in the RAF so very well trained on looking after himself and being told what to do :lol:

Awwww, bless him for trying! :rotfl:

Most men are pretty useless at shopping, the couple of times my OH has gone to get the weekly shop if I've been ill or something, he's always come back without half the stuff... and that's with a very clear list too! How hard can it be to just read the list and go and get it?! :lol:

wana swop blokes! Mine is better then me!! he knows were everything is, what he wants, how to get it, he does the weekly shop without being hinted at, and never once complains!!!!

Brian is really good with the shopping... last time he went to get buns he came back with a TV :roll: :doh:

Seriously tho,he is really good! He also loves to cook so likes to look for good ingrediants etc. Only thing tho, if we go shopping together I can guarentee my bill will be heaps more with all the choccy biccies, crisps etc he throws in the trolly :roll:

My OH phones me every time hes in tesco to ask what baby milk to get, everytime lol.

my OH is okay with the shopping...
aslong as its not the weekly shop, if i ask him to pick up nappies and formula on the way in he knows the size/type im after. If i got him to get the weekly shop we'd be living off chicken burgers, artic roll and milkshakes for a week :roll:

Mine cracks me up - I send him off with a list of about 5 things, he'll come back with half the shop minus the items I asked for because he's replaced them with stuff he wants then he'll try to tell me the shop had run out of what I wanted whilst p*ssing himself laughing :shakehead: :rotfl: :roll:

He rang to ask what lamb i wanted him to buy. I don't eat lamb, i cook it for him and Angel so i have no idea how the hell i'm supposed to know! I stand looking for about 15 minutes before doing a random grab for one.
Then he lost the cheese aisle )next to the meat aisle. Walked to the other end of the shop and called me coz i put salt and vinegar peanuts on the list and i wasn't allowed them (i'm addicted) Then asked if we used Pampers nappies as there's offers on. (I hate Pampers!)
Then another call coz he didn't know what kitten food to buy (fair enough) then lost the dog food!

He did get it all though so it's ok.

He huffed at me too before he left. Whenever i ask before i go what he wants for tea i always get a "I don't mind. Whatever you choose." So i have to get it. So today he asked me so i told him the role was reversed and he was to look for something! So Mutley sometimes with his response! Lol

My OH is pretty good - as long as I am precise, (I can't just put, 'get vegetables'). BUT he always comes back with loads of junk that I would rather not have in the house, (because...see chocolate, eat chocolate. :lol:)

Richard sucks at shopping. He has to phone every ten minutes and then he still comes back with something wrong.

Well my hubby doesn't drive, so I'm always the grocery shopper. He's be rubbish if left to his own devices.

my hubby wouldnt/doesnt have a clue!

even when heavily pregnant he would drive me to tesco and push the trolley but was quiet the whole way round.he hates shopping with avengeance and thinks the fairies fill the cupboards and fridge each week :lol: he wouldnt have the foggiest idea where anything was or what nappies to get or anything. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hate to admit this but, until I started maternity leave last year, I had never done a weekly shop! My DH did it all! I was the one phoning him and asking where things were. Now that I've taken over I get to pick the shower gel and shampoo! :rotfl:

My oh is pants and I couldnt let him loose cos if he cocked it up id be really annoyed with him! He sits in the cafe anyway while i do it.

Though he pops off too get some bits occasionally - ie tonight when he brought me back a huge bag of mini eggs :lol:

:lol: DH occasionally gets the shopping. I give him a full list, arranged by aisle, but I have to be sooooo specific. First time he went, he saw 'tomatoes, 'potatoes', etc on the list... so got two of each. 2 tomatoes! What he thought we were going to eat, I have no idea.

So now I have to specify - 'one pack of cherry tomatoes' or '6 loose tomatoes'. And I also have to put the earliest Best Before date on the list too, as he won't think to check dates otherwise and will come back with a week's worth of shopping that all has to be eaten by the next day... by the time I've finished the list, it's usually quicker to have gone to Sainsbury's myself. But that would leave him to sort/wash the laundry, and we so don't want to go there... :rotfl:

Never mind the shoppig i always get a call from Bri asking what the pin number is, even tho i old him thirty seconds before he left the house.

The bad shopping is my fault tho im such a perfectionist he is scared of getting it wrong

I appreciate any shopping my oh does, he often misses out things, I think because he treats shopping as he would a running race.
Just after I had my daughter I asked him to buy me some sanitary pads (Im normally super organized, but my daughter was unexpectedly prem) he got me super-duper incontinence pads.....Well I didnt care till I found out how much they cost! Bless him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back