Nesting?

Dinky

Reaction score
Hmmm, is it too early to be nesting?!

My house is never DIRTY but in general it is a bit messy. My 6 y/o stepson's toys everywhere, my OH just puts his work stuff (in fact, everything) anywhere he likes plus I have had my SIL and niece living with us since end of Feb. MY house is in CHAOS!!!
My SIL and niece moved in to their place yesterday and today I just want to TIDY, TIDY, TIDY.
I have cleared out the spare room completely so it is ready to either put baby's stuff in or to move my DSS in there asap, taken all of baby's clothes out of their packets and in a washing basket to be washed, hoovered all of upstairs, cleaned kitchen top to bottom (except oven...), cleaned both bathrooms and I havent even started the living/dining room yet!!!!

Am I nesting or just decluttering?!?!?!?!

I wonder if it will last the next 10 weeks or so?! haha!!!x

When you have finished yours just pop over to mine please! I was trying to put some things away in the kitchen earlier and whilst on my honkers fell over! Think I'm gonna leave it to the DH next time xxx

It does sound like nesting to me too! :)

Given that you've had house guests (which would personally have driven me crazy!), and haven't been able to do it before now I don't blame you for wanting to get organised!
I have felt the inexplicable urge to clean stair banisters and skirting boards over the weekend! :shock: The one problem I have is that I've got a really bad back which isn't getting any better even though I see a chiropractor twice a week. Any sort of bending and stretching makes it ten times worse - I actually quite enjoy cleaning and am looking forward to the proper nesting thing but
I know I'm gonna be in agony too :( No fair! xxx

My nesting instinct started when the sickness stopped - about 20 weeks - and has gotten increasingly worse since. I thought it may have started then because i was so fed up of living in a mess that had been created whilst I felt too sick and tired to do anything about it. Usually, I like to keep the house in good order.
I'm becoming completely obsessive and the vacuum and polish come out daily at the moment. I even started cleaning the kitchen cupboards out yesterday midway through cooking dinner! Madness. I think my house will be truly pristine by the time this baby comes and I might be a cripple! My SPD likes to fight back every time I start the housework, so even the simplest of tasks require a slow pace and a good sit down half way through.
Its very strange what these pregnancies can do to us all!

I'm itching to get my house done - but we're in the middle of a complete rewire so there's just no point yet. Once it's finished I've booked my friend for a week in the day times (she works evenings) to help me do all the painting (gloss and emulsion) haha. And I'll get my mum and sister in to help with the big clean - as I'll be waddling like mad at that point!!!

Well done getting your done!!! :D

Oooh all of us need to be careful with our aches and pains! I was fine doing everything yesterday but today, my back is killing me!!!!!! My OH got a bit mad at me for lifting and moving something from the lounge to the shed so I just bit back that I'd asked him to do it weeks ago!!! Haha! Bless him, I know he's only trying to look after me!! I am off work tomorrow so I reckon that'll give me time to clear out the cupboard under the stairs to make room for the pram :D

Take care ladies and don't work too hard :)

Ha! We must look like a bunch of 90 year olds bumbling round the house!

Fordee you're right, every task is completed at a snails pace with the movement of a sloth to avoid as much back pain as possible! Followed by a sit down and a cuppa at 10 minute intervals! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back