• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nesting bug or OCD

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hiya,

Hope everyones ok. Just wanted to see if anybody else has been going crazy about their houses being absolutely spotless? I'm driving myself mental and I'm scared I'm actually gonna do some harm if I don't stop :(

I've always been a bit of a clean freak, I don't like mess and I'm a total hygiene freak but I was happy to just clean my house (top to bottom) properly about once/twice a week and just did the little jobs throughout (ie washing up, laundry etc). But lately I've HAD to clean the house properly (ie vacume, laundry, washing the kitchen and bathrooms until they're spotless etc etc) like nearly everyday and I literally feel like I can't stop. I was trying to relax in the bath earlier and I spotted a hair on one of the tiles and I actually got out of the bath and cleaned the whole room again even though I'd only done it two days ago. And tonight (I've got my sister staying with me for a week), she accidently spilt lasagne on the table during dinnner (normally I'd just ignore this and clean it at the end of the meal) but no, I had to stop eating and move everyones plates etc and clean the whole table. Went round the whole house vacuming again today when I only did it yesterday. Then I decided to wash all the windows on the outside and inside of the house. Obviously OH is trying to get me to stop but I just snap at him :(

Literally I am giving myself no time to rest and I know this but I can't stop (I also work in retail, it's only part time but still on my feet for hours at a time). I went into the garage earlier to put something away and I just sat there crying for ages because I was so tired and I'm aching everywhere but I felt like I couldn't stop :( On top of this I'm not sleeping properly either which doesn't help :(

Is this the nesting bug setting in? I didnt know it would be this extreme. Really sorry for the rant but I just had to get it off my chest :(

xx

I need to start nesting! I hate cleaning and tidying house so wondering when it will start! Got my parents comming to stay in a week so hope I get it before they come so they don't think I live like Stig of the Dump! In some ways I am nesting though as just designed a loft conversion and put the warrant in, I want done before baby arrives as well!

a been same but wouldnt say nesting bug all a seem to do is want to clean house constant everyday and even if a have left anything before go bed thats all think about all nite so just get up do it a always did housework before was preganant but its constantly the now me oh like whats going on u never did this much before and only thing diff is a have more energy apart from fooked at nite x

Have the thoughts of doing it, but not the energy to haul myself up from the sofa.

Got a very long list of things to do, seems never ending, but no energy to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back