Need to whine a little

moss

Reaction score
Nothing ever seems to go right for me. I was expecting my nursing chair today, but apparently FedEx attempted delivery yesterday. They had my mobile and no one called me all day, but they claim they couldn't find my address. I live in a new build, there are sales offices around, builders lurking, people walking everywhere and my post code comes up on GPS but they still couldn't find it? I knew it was too good to be true that I would have a comfortable place to be on the weekend.

I know this seems minor, but things like this always happen to me and my husband. I worried about my rent going up, so it did. We are having major money problems and my husband was promised extra hours, but just in time for the summer the company is overspending and can't give extra hours. Our whole future depends on DH passing an exam he took over a week ago. He was promised the results that day. He still hasn't gotten them and no one is available to be contacted about it... If he doesn't pass then we can't share the course load and we will either have to decide one of us doesn't get a degree or we have to find a way to pay for child care. The list goes on and on. I feel terrible this morning, and it just happens to be the morning my manager gives me one of those really difficult tasks that I really have no clue about to do.

I just feel like giving up. Sorry about the long complaining... I just feel pretty depressed this morning. Oh and it doesn't help that I looked at the news online and saw some graphic photos regarding a baby that was murdered.

Last edited:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like you have every right to moan. There are times in life where Murphy's Law really kicks in. :hug:

I really hope your cloud has a silver lining :hug:

Sending loads of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Crappy thing always happen to us too. My hubby has failed his last teaching placement, and has now got to do another on sept to dec rather than being able to start his job. And with the baby being due 8th sept it's rather bad timing.

I'm so sorry about that. I know what it is like to have your plans completely taken out from under you. It's bad enough normally... I don't know about you, but it almost makes me feel guilty for having a baby now. I love my baby, I want them more than anything, but I can't help but think I am on my way to providing them with a bad start in life before they are even born!

I always try to look at the bright side. DH got made redundant in Jan so we are short of money but I know it could be worse and at least we have somewhere to live and food on the table. Focus on what you have got rather than what you haven't. It just sounds like you are having a bad day :hug: .

awwww big hugs :hug: :hug:

things will look up i am sure of it. Me and my partner had nothing but bad luck from the day we got together, and things just got worse and worse, just one thing after another.. Mostly to do with money etc.
but in the past month things have actually started to look up for us, he got the new job he wanted, which meant we could get the new car I wanted (mine was falling to bits) and so far so good.

Hopefully you luck will change hun :hug:

I used to feel like this, but now i try and look at what i do have and whats right rather then whats wrong.

I dont like to look at the bad cos it'd just get me down, but unfortunately as i get closer to giving birth my issues are coming across in my dreams rather then day to day life. I've spent the past week dreaming that Dave will leave me and about baby daddy.

Things seem bad but you need to concentrate on whats good, and start convincing yourself that things will sort themselves out, i genuinely believe that things work themselves out, and in a few months you'll look back and understand

Sorry you've had a tough time of it :hug: I reckon the best thing to do is to look on the bright side of things and remember things could always be a lot worse!

My OH was out of work from just before we found out we were pregnant to the beginning of this month. Although things have been a bit tight money wise on my wages, OH has now got a really good job, hopefully with much more security than he has previously experienced as self-employed.

I think that the more positive your outlook, you are more likely to experience luck :D Fingers crossed for your OH's exam results :pray:

Thanks everyone. I am trying very hard to stay positive. The reason I set up my budget was to take some positive action against the problems we are having rather than just moping about it. But I've been very strict with the money to the point where I am feeding three adults on about £22 a week. My mother and husband often have toast or porridge in the morning then wait until dinner to have anything else just so I can have a decent lunch (which is still very modest) and try to keep the baby healthy. This allows us to pay all of our bills and eventually we will be saving money, but even if we follow the budget strictly and have no unexpected incidents, we will have about £15 the week the baby is born. I have ONLY budgeted in the pram and the cotbed and so far we have been given a bit but not enough. £15 is not much room for error, and that is assuming I get my maternity allowance right away!

Trust me, I am doing my best to be positive, but I just can't see a way out of this! I regret buying the chair even though it was just £80 as opposed to the very expensive Dutalier ones, but I need it. I am often in tears because of the back pain I get and once I finally have the chair I might finally be able to get comfortable at home.

Before anyone asks, I'm not eligible for any benefits because my husband and I are both students. We will get the child benefit once the baby is born, but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back