Need to vent/maybe need advice

The puppy situation bothered me - ring the RSPCA and the council, thats a shame for the dog! :(

You can report them to the council for not clearing up dog poo, even if it is on "their" property as it will encourage vermin. Also if they are keeping rubbish in their garden this can be enforced by the council again as it will encourage vermin. I would personally report this as the last thing you want is rats.

contact the environmental health dept of your local council regarding the rubbish, you can even report the noise to them.

I did this with some previous neighbours and they came round really quickly to have a look.

I agree regarding the dog, contact the RSPCA.

Hope the situation improves for you

Get on to the council to erect a fence to stop their dog crapping in your garden. Its dangerous for a baby so warn them if your child gets ill you will sue their pants off! :x Also they can't seriously expect a baby to play outside with a neighbours dog running around :think:

Thank you all :hug:

I called the council and they are going to send someone around to have a word.

Right now it's sitting out there in the rain whining and crying and fumbling around in its own feces. They keep letting it in and out at least...

Another issue is that it's definitely a pit bull or a pit bull type (I grew up in the US so have seen a fair few around). I am a dog lover but apparently pit bulls are banned in the UK... so I guess that's another issue.

Lou that is a really good idea about the fence and getting onto the council about it... thank you...!

Ew, I hadn't even thought about rats being around :puke:

According to the Dangerous Dogs Act, Pit Bull Terriers are banned as they are classed as fighting dogs. You need to contact someone immediately about this as the dog may be forced to fight.

Sorry I get a bit sensitive about dogs, I don't mean to go on :oops:

The police, RSPCA.

Unfortunately the dog will probably be put down :( Fancy getting a puppy in a flat and leaving it outside in the rain. :cry:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1991/uk ... _en_1#l1g1

Actually after reading the Dangerous Dogs act there, are they actually banned or do you just have to muzzle them in public?

I don't get it, I wish they'd put it in my speak :oops:

I guess some dog unit is going to come around and see for themselves. They were kind of unclear about what was going to happen.

It's not out there anymore, at least it's in the warmth and out of the rain... but I've just realized that I don't think it's able to go down the stairs.

That means that all its poo/pee is accumulating on a 6 foot strip of balcony :puke: :puke: :puke: Including on our side. This is really really really gross.

I guess if the council rolls over and doesn't do anything we'll probably go ahead and look for another place... good thing we rent... but it's so expensive and so much hassle to move that I don't want to :( Then again I can't see myself bringing up a baby here if these neighbors continue.

Serendipity_ said:
The puppy situation bothered me - ring the RSPCA and the council, thats a shame for the dog! :(

Me too :(

What are these people like? Are they approachable? We had the same problem in our last flat with the music (from girls 2 floors up). They came back from a night out early one morning and put their music up full blast. I'm not one for confrontation but I went up there and firmly (but politely) asked them to turn it down and they did and kept it down from then on.

Sometimes it's better to talk to them first rather than go straight to the landlord/council, they might not appreciate it and rebel IYKWIM.

I would definitely try and do something about the dog, my friend rang the RSPCA because her friends dog was being abused, he was to and from the vets constantly and her BF and toddler would throw him around and hurt him. They came around straight away and checked it all out. I think she's looking after him better now and she never found out if was my friend.

I would say try talking to them first, but i tried talking to someone about the fact they were parked in between two spaces in our car park today and i couldn't park and who i assume was her granddaughter got seriously mouthy at me that she was disabled etc (even though she had no badge and technically has no right to park there as she doesn't live here). I would at least try first though.

*edit just in case it sounds wrong the lady wasn't actually disabled, she claimed her neck hurt yet climbed out the car fine, and if she'd moved her car over to the end space she'd have had a huge grassy bit to climb out on to*

I am pretty sure that you can keep pit bulls if they are muzzled in public so hopefully the poor mite wont be put to sleep...mind you if the seize it they wont be able to rehome it :( they may intend to use it for fighting so the RSPCA def need to be called. Its disgusting what the make those poor dogs do.

Also, how come there is no dividing fence? Maybe the council should put one up.

:hug:

I would feel really bad if the pup ended up being put to sleep :(

But that being said I would feel even worse if it bit me or my child. I don't trust untrained dogs and I really doubt these people will take the time to train it, since they aren't even bothering to clean up after it. And there's no way

Don't know if the council will put up any dividing wall, because we share a flight of steps down to the gardens. Our garden is on the right and theirs on the left and there's a shared walkway to them, and no fence in between. Also we rent privately and they rent from the council, and I don't think the council can legally modify private property.

We put a note through their door some time back asking if they could please keep their music down, but it was ignored. They are not nice people and I really wouldn't feel comfortable having a chat with them face to face. We aren't the only neighbors who have problems with them, and on several occasions when others/us have called the council round to deal with the noise, the neighbors have abused the hell out of them. :shock:

I think right now the slow wheels of bureaucracy are moving... either the council will step up and enforce their policies, or they'll let these people slide. I feel bad for our landlord because it's going to be tough for him to rent out this property if we leave.... the yard is basically unusable because of all the trash in the shared walkway and you can't step out the back door without stepping in feces.

Bleh, I'm so angry and feel so helpless. Why can't they just clean up after their dog and keep the premises neat and tidy, and play their music at a reasonable level? I don't even mind an occasional bit of loud music as long as it doesn't go on for ages and isn't at a bad time, but they have been playing loud bass that penetrates the entire flat. The other evening it went on for ages, could hear it through earplugs, and they abused the council when someone called them out that time too.

Anyhow sorry for the long post... just fed up, needed a rant, can't get the poor pup out of my head... at least they've taken her inside, she's not out there anymore.

But that being said I would feel even worse if it bit me or my child. I don't trust untrained dogs and I really doubt these people will take the time to train it, since they aren't even bothering to clean up after it.

RSPCA :pray:

I agree with the others about the RSPCA or personally if they left their dog out their I'd take it in. I couldn't leave a puppy outside in the cold and rain while it had to wade through poo to do anything.

Also if their music is loud and disrupting you, ring the police. I know it sounds bizarre but they get something like 3 warnings then can have an ASBO and there are conditions to their ASBO's (which might even cover the rubbish situation) and if they break said conditions they'll be thrown out the council housing. Legally I believe councils only have to house someone if they have involuntarily become homeless, and breaching your ASBO conditions is considered making yourself homeless.

All council housing associations have to have an antisocial behaviour policy. Check out what it is for your council, and if you're not getting satisfaction from them quote from their own policy. Put it in writing if necessary- the council is obliged to act if their tenants are causing an unacceptable disturbance.

Quill said:
We have difficult neighbors who play loud music a lot. They don't tend to do it for hours on end or late at night so we try to let it slide.... it's hard when the bass penetrates throughout the entire flat though. But hey, live and let live, right?

Unfortunately, their yard is also a complete tip. It borders ours (there's no fence, either) so there's always rubbish blowing into ours and down the shared walkway. I found a board with rusty nails sticking out of it on our side, and they also keep trash out there for some reason.

My son is only 6 months old but at some point he will be walking and I will want to take him outside... how can I take him outside when stuff like that is lying around?

Last week, when my MIL was over, we heard a crying dog. We looked out the windows but couldn't see anything, but she noticed a bunch of feces in front of our door. We share a balcony with the neighbors, so it really made me angry. I figured their cat did it...

Well, just a few minutes ago I looked outside and... in the rain... there is a poor miserable pit bull puppy sitting out there all alone crying and damp from the rain. I'd guess it was a slightly older puppy, maybe they got it for Christmas or something. Next to it is a bunch of feces... in front of our door again.

I don't know what to do but I'm really furious. They rent from the council... we rent privately... I guess we could up sticks and move, but surely this is complaint-worthy?? Surely I can contact somebody to complain? :wall:

But hey, live and let live, right?

Hell no. If they are playing music late at night then I would complain to the council. You should not have to put up with that at all. Second you should also contact the RSPCA. I know I would if I see an animal being neglected.
Its your home & you should never feel like you need to leave it :hug: It may not happen overnight but I bet other people have also complained. The more that do the better. Good luck xx.

Quill said:
Thank you all :hug:

I called the council and they are going to send someone around to have a word.

Right now it's sitting out there in the rain whining and crying and fumbling around in its own feces. They keep letting it in and out at least...

Another issue is that it's definitely a pit bull or a pit bull type (I grew up in the US so have seen a fair few around). I am a dog lover but apparently pit bulls are banned in the UK... so I guess that's another issue.

Lou that is a really good idea about the fence and getting onto the council about it... thank you...!

Ew, I hadn't even thought about rats being around :puke:

I'm not sure the council will put up a fence for you as you rent privately & are not anything to do with them. Still I'm sure it will be worth the cost of doing it yourself. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back