need to stop panicking

adele88

Reaction score
Right so as everyone knows this is my first baby so not really sure what to expect etc. Do you know i have been to the hospital about 2 or 3 times out of hospital hours complaining i have no movement the minute i get to the hospital and they tell me to drink some water and lie me down to check the heartbeat the baby starts kicking its so weird lol so i told the midwife am better buying one of those heartbeat monitor things and she advised me not to its prob the worst thing to do lol

anyone else like me or am i just weird ?

i was a little like that with my first, my then mw gave me a chart to plot the 'active' times for my baby, then i had something to compare it with, if it's not moving it's probably asleep!!

it's normal to worry, it just shows you care x

Im not too bad but it is my 3rd but i have an antuie that is the same age as me and when we were both pregnant two years ago she drove me crazy lol. She once went in a power shower in a hotel then rang me to see if it could of hurt the baby, she was sat in the hairdresses one day and the lady put her new puppy one her lap she started screaming saying she was pregnant and the puppy hadnt had its needles and somebody get it off her knee. On halloween some kids jumped out at her and she jumped she was about 16wks pregnant at this point and for 3days i had to tell her it wont of scared the baby. She was never away from the doctors telling them she hadnt felt baby etc, but she didnt change when the baby was hear her little girl didnt walk till she was 20months and i am sure it was because she wouldnt let her incase she hurt herself lol so i dont think you sound too bad lol

im a worrier i rang m/w last week as i wasnt getting movement but i didnt bother going to hosp my opinion is that untill 23+wks nothing they can do i kinda go into denial but this is my second so perhaps im not as fearfull if your a worrier i wouldnt recommend a doppler tho as if baby moves and you cant find hb your gona panick

well this thread has made me feel loads better lol

im defo going to stop panicking now i am a total worrier at the best of times plus doesnt help if its your first aswell as you dont know what to expect i will prob be less paranoid 2nd time round. The midwife told me that last night when the baby aint moving it;s prob alsleep also if you have a busy day you tend not to feel it lol.

hahahah lanny i thought i was bad aswell what you told me makes me feel better my bf is always slagging me on how i worry too much

from this day on i am going to relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy as it wont be long till its all over:)

I'm kinda the opposite - not worrying because I don't know what is normal or what to expect. I'm thinking that as long there is no bleeding and no pain then hopefully all is well. X

im a worrier i rang m/w last week as i wasnt getting movement but i didnt bother going to hosp my opinion is that untill 23+wks nothing they can do i kinda go into denial but this is my second so perhaps im not as fearfull if your a worrier i wouldnt recommend a doppler tho as if baby moves and you cant find hb your gona panick

yeah defo doppler aint a good idea as you aint trained on how to use it so if you didnt hear the heartbeat you would end up worrying and calling the hospital which is silly, plus it makes it more exciting when you hear the baby's heartbeat when you go to see the midwife.

im not much of a worrier when it come s to the pregnancy, just sort of for the scans that they will tell me something is wrong.
like this morning i climed up on the bathtub to jump up on my OHs back and he looked at me in horror "what are you doin you can fall!!" i was like.. oh.. ok i get down.. im not thinking much sometimes.

You tend to worry more with your first hunni was always down A&E with Jacob with the littlest thing think they got sick of me, lol!

This time only been twice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back