Need to be honest with you all - U/D pg 2

Please don't feel ashamed, especially on here, everyone on here is supportive and understanding and you'll be surprised about some of the stories people have...we're all human afterall.

I really hope you get the result you want, but no matter what, that you are happy. :hug: :hug:

Hun, you have been incredibly brave to admit to your husband your mistake. Nobody will judge you on here, we are all here for support. I truly hope that you get the result that you want from the amnio :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Xxx

You clearly realise what you did was silly but well done for admitting it to your husband. The lies would have eaten you up in the end. I agree with the lady who said you should consider talking to a professional. Relate maybe a good place to start?

Good luck with the results and dont ever think you dont "deserve" a baby!

Claire x

Thank you all,

I've just logged on after a tough day and your messages really do mean a lot. Hubby seems a little happier today and I am too, although obviously we're both still very worried. We don't find out the results until at least two weeks tomorrow (although we're going to call them tomorrow and ask if it can be done any faster, even if that costs more money) so it's going to be a very, very long wait. In the meantime we're both in this horrible state of limbo where we just don't know how to feel about the pregnancy. We can't enjoy it like we should be and that in turn makes us feel guilty. :(

Once again thank you for your messages of support. I know we all have skeletons in the closet, I guess I just never thought that this would happen to us. :? But then again, who ever *does* think that it'll happen to them?

ETA: We live in Madrid, Spain, so counselling is going to be tough to find. We will definitely look into it though. Thanks.

AMETHYST

i think youve been realyl brave telling us !!! I mean lets be honest if you hadnt none of us would ever know would we and you risked being completely outcast by this by telling us all, im just glad your OH's sticking with you and being such a rock, sounds like a man in a million :hug:

Hey Sweetie.

I have to say that you are brave in shaing this and I seriously hope that you got no judgment... my pregnancy is the result of an affair but I'm the other woman... but if at the end of it I get this gorgeous childthen the heartache will be worth it (I hope anyway)

:hug:

Aww hun! Bless you for being so worried about our reactions :hug:

We ALL make mistakes, it's just unfortunately, yours had bigger consequences. The most important thing is that you were honest with your husband, not us! Who are we to judge you babe?

The timing was awful, and it really sounds as though it was out of character for you. You've been blessed with a wonderful husband and a wonderful attitude. To top it all off, you're carrying a wonderful child.

Just remember, anyone can be a Father, it takes someone special to be a Daddy. :hug:

Whatever the outcome of the paternity test (I sooo hope it's your OH :pray: ) he will be a fantastic dad and you will be a fantastic mum. That's all that matters sweetie xxx

Firstly, well done for teling you husband, a really brave thing to do, and he sounds like a wonderful man for forgiving you like that. Congrats to him for being a top bloke! :clap:

Have you had the results of the paternity yet?

big hug for being so honest and brave :hug:

x

Rosie1 said:
Have you had the results of the paternity yet?

x

Just read your post saying its going to be a couple of weeks. I can't imaging how tough that's going to be for you. Praying you get the result you want.

:hug:

Rosie1 said:
Just read your post saying its going to be a couple of weeks. I can't imaging how tough that's going to be for you. Praying you get the result you want.

Unexpectedly we're off to see the geneticist at 6pm today. I think hubby must have done some serious begging and pleading as we weren't supposed to see them until next Friday. They do want us to pay more money though, so I suspect that's what he's managed to pull off.

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again everyone.

AMETHYST

Hi. I was just going to post saying imagine having to wait 2 weeks but now you may find out tonight. I really do hope that its the news you want.
I am glad you have been able to talk about it openly as bottling things up can cause extra stess and anxiety.

Good luck for 6pm.

Take care.

S

XXXX

Thanks guys, we won't find out tonight as hubby has yet to give a blood sample, but we weren't due to give that until next Friday so we're already a week ahead.

I'll let you know what they say tonight.

AMETHYST

good luck hun, I hope you get the results you want :hug:

i think your amazing for telling him the truth,

i hope you get the result you want babe,

everyone makes mistakes..
xxxx

Hi everyone, thanks again for your continued messages of support. Really I'm overwhelmed and it's really helping both me and my husband.

We've just got back from the genetics lab. They took blood samples from us both in addition to the amniocentesis that was performed the other day. The doctor was very nice but unfortunately explained that they had to send the samples to a lab in Barcelona which is why the results could take 2-3 weeks. I did ask if they could come any sooner and he said that he would let me know by phone as soon as they arrived.

We both feel a little better having done this as we now know it's out of our hands, but the wait will still be agonising.

Thanks once again everybody.

AMETHYST

amethyst_echidna said:
Rosie1 said:

Unexpectedly we're off to see the geneticist at 6pm today. I think hubby must have done some serious begging and pleading as we weren't supposed to see them until next Friday. They do want us to pay more money though, so I suspect that's what he's managed to pull off.

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again everyone.

AMETHYST

So...any news? how did the appointment go?

amethyst_echidna said:
Hi everyone, thanks again for your continued messages of support. Really I'm overwhelmed and it's really helping both me and my husband.

We've just got back from the genetics lab. They took blood samples from us both in addition to the amniocentesis that was performed the other day. The doctor was very nice but unfortunately explained that they had to send the samples to a lab in Barcelona which is why the results could take 2-3 weeks. I did ask if they could come any sooner and he said that he would let me know by phone as soon as they arrived.

We both feel a little better having done this as we now know it's out of our hands, but the wait will still be agonising.

Thanks once again everybody.

AMETHYST

Glad to hear it's made you feel a little better, and hope the wait doesn't drag on too long.

We had a lot to think about when we found out about our little surprise bundle, and found that both of us writing all our feelings about it, and how we would feel about the different paths we had to choose from, really helped in figuring out where we were.

I really though OH was going to go, and so did he, but we worked through and things are looking more on the up side now, so I hope it goes the same way for you too :hug: :hug:

Only just seen this thread and just wanted to send you and your DH a :hug:

I hope you get the result you want and that the waiting doesn't drag on too long for you. Kudos to you for being honest, it is always the best policy. Fingers crossed for the ideal result so you can get on with your lives. Either way you sound strong enough as a couple to come through this. Wishing you the best of luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back