• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

need something to take my mind off ttc

ab11

Reaction score
i need something to take my mind off ttc, we used to always have a holiday booked to look forward to but not got one booked.
hubby had his driving test today, failed for the 2nd time.
we were both so gutted.
basically he had a witch of a examiner.
i was hoping to book a weekend away for in june but cant now.
weve been saving up for car n insurance etc.
got the money for tax n insurance now jus need hubby to pass.
feel so deflated, dont kno what to do with my self.
we had been daydreamin of all the things n places we were gonna in the upcoming weeks but we cant now for another few weeks.
suppose its a pointless thread really jus havin a downer day
xx

Sorry your having a down day :hugs:

I am also sorry that your hubby failed his test - when can he book another one?

Is there not something small you can do - not sure what maybe a nice meal out or something silly like going to the zoo?

xx

the last two hes ahd hes done them in our home town but if wanted in down here again the closet one was the end of june hes booked it for the town next to us if thats makes sense.
so its 2weeks time its either that or a 5week wait.
anythin good like the zoo or seaside u need to drive.
we just want to be out there in this lovely weather.
were gonna go for a curry on sunday :)
i just want a bit of good luck is it such much to ask
xx

Yeah that makes sense I would do the same book it in the next two to get it sooner!

Good luck to him for two weeks time!

I guess you are right you would need to drive as a train and bus can only get you so far!

Really sorry but a curry sounds good - i love a good curry!

xx

ye i love a good curry, theres a place near us its 9.50 for all u can eat on sundays.
never tried it but sounds good to me.
im jus fed up of people poppin on facebook bein pregnant,
people askin in work if were gonna have any yet. feel like such a liar sometimes, obvisly not gonna say ye were tryin but with no luck.
so i always say no not yet i feel dead guitly lying!!
xx

£9.50 where are you I need some of that action!

I feel the same everyone and i mean everyone around me is getting pregnant and i am not! :wall2:

I am fed up with facebook and everyone putting a post about being pregnant or just having their baby - i feel happy for them but really sad at the same time as i am nowhere near this!

I have been married a year now and everyone keeps asking "are you not pregnant" and " what are you going to have one" or " your tun next". I just answer with the same old we are just enjoying being married or give up my holidays are you mad!

xx

love bein on here cause i dont as alone, helps ease te ache for a lo.
some people keep updating there status counting down i kno there jus excited but come on!!!!
u sound like me hun i jus keep sayin na were still young if only they kne the truth eh :)
everytime someone brings in there newborn to show everyone, people look at me n say ur next, ye well it asnt happened yet as it :mad:
xx

Aww Hun I know what you mean, oh and I haven't had a holiday for years as we can't afford it and it's difficult not to have something to look forward to. We wanted to have a big blow out hol this year but we were sure we would have caught the eggy by now so we held off, other things came up and we have left it too late to get a good deal to the places we wanted to go we've just got a weekend away booked in June.

Not sure where you are in the uk but last year we jumped on the coach to bournemouth for a couple of days, national express is dirt cheap and hotel was around £40 per night, we hardly spent anything when we were there and it was so nice be sat on the beach and away from grimey London town!!

Hope your OH passes next time, 3rd time lucky eh?

Xxxx

love bein on here cause i dont as alone, helps ease te ache for a lo.
some people keep updating there status counting down i kno there jus excited but come on!!!!
u sound like me hun i jus keep sayin na were still young if only they kne the truth eh :)
everytime someone brings in there newborn to show everyone, people look at me n say ur next, ye well it asnt happened yet as it :mad:
xx

I know what you mean being on here is a real life line for me!

I said that i am young the other day and a girl i work with was like no your not you would be classed as an old mum I thought you what i am only 31! I told hubby and he told me to stop being silly we are young - just got me stressed something i am really trying to avoid!

xx

Soz to hear you are having a downer day, i often book little things to keep me going, we have a curry place in our local town its lush £8.95 for all you can eat sun to thurs and its lush!!!

Little things keep my mind off ttc but its still so hard when people say oh your turns coming, or good things come to those who wait!! Dam it ive waited a yr now lol i think my bfp has got lost in the post!!

Michelle. x

weve not had a holiday since we got married 18months ago, iv never gone that long without a hol.
me n hubby were chattin b4 n he said no point in living for the future, live for now.
so were lookin about goin new york feb 2013, got plently of time to save up.
watch us get caught at the wrong time n end up cancelling.
would go away somewhere for a couple weeks but dont like leaving the dog were in 2minds abt new york cause of the dog. he wont eat if were not with him.
just need something to look forward to that i kno is gonna happen, if u get me??
ye hope he passes 3rd time it will be third time lucky its like 100quid a time!!!
think the curry place as an offer on, sundays all u can eat 9.50 :)
u kno what hayes my bfp must be lost somewhere with urs
xx

Hi Ab! Sorry about your hubby and his driving test. It's good that he's booked another so soon though.
Have you been having lessons too?
You could go on some adventures on the train, not sure where you live but London for the day can be pretty cheap if you book in advance?
As for taking your mind off it, I'd definitely say a holiday is a good bet!! Get New York booked!! Also there are some great deals to Greece this summer because they have no money lol, we're off to a cute village in Zante for a week in August for only £350 pp which is great for August.
Have you both got any time off work? Xxx

No im not doin my lessons yet gonna wait til the insurance as gone down 1st.
Thats a well good deal uv found 350, wat a bargain!!! I dnt kno abt leavin the dog for a week jus abt convinced hubby to leave him for 4days lol.
Weve got a weekend away booked to wales but its not til september. Only booked it so the dog can come too :) xx

Sent from my LG-P692 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back