Need some help and advice PLEASE

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
Braydon is three in 3 weeks and is still on a night time bottle, iv tried everything to get him off the bottle but nothing works,
he wont drink milk from anything but his bottle, hell scream blue murder if i put it in a cup or beaker, we have tried bribary with new toys etc Even said were gonna give it to my best mates lil boy as he is a baby and Braydons a big boy now, which he is fine with till u go to give the other lil boy the bottle then he screams blue murder.

iv totally run out of ideas and im praying u girls have some :pray: :pray:

PLEASE HELP US

:rotfl:

I had that bother with mine, Joe is still on the bottle and Jess came off it at 2 and a half. In woolies you get these sports top bottles. Jessicas was a fifi one and Joes (for when he starts) is a roary one. They are quite good, bottle like but not if you know what I mean.

Good luck though you might need to say no and actually bin the bottle so its an alternative or nothing.

just wandering if he still needs milk at night now he is 3? maybe just do away with it all together and give him a snack and juice pre bed as long as he is getting calcium in other ways like cheese yoghurts etc, if he really wants it he would take it from a cup/beaker.

will he take juice ok from a beaker/cup?

i do sympathise i dread the day when i have to take lukes bottle away but at least its not so essential at this age he has to drink milk for his vitamins etc. xx

I'd be inclined to maybe try a bedtime snack and drink also before going up to bed. Rather than a bottle of anything in bed. Brush teeth after the snack and drink. And water only overnight.

There is something called 'bottle rot' iirc. About using bottles (for children with teeth) at night for drinks of milk and juice can cause tooth decay and damage the enamel on teeth (as obviously not brushing teeth once in bed). Because of this water is the only thing advised to drink overnight.

PDF on it here

Can find more about it online also. Worth looking at maybe.

I'd be harsh, chuck the bottles in the bin and listen to blue murder for a few days, then he'll get over it. Thats just me though, you could take him out and buy a nice cup/beaker/bottle of his choice first and make sure he knows they are to replace the bottles.
:)

i would do what urchin says that sounds like a good idea, i think im lucky as jaydes not had bottles since 13 months all she drink out of is cups now i hope you solve him from not having bottles :D

Hannah still has a bottle of milk in a morning hun and it doesnt bother me in the slightest, she is forward at everything else and has been out of nappies since she was just 2 so i dont see it as a problem as long as he gets comfort from it who is he harming

Get a beaker with a character he likes on it and a really funky curly or twisty straw and then give him a milkshake before bed, Isla loves to make milkshake with me, grab a handful or strawberries/banana and milk (maybe a tiny bit of icecream too for a treat) and then let them slurp away, i bet he wont resist it for long. Isla does this at night now and loves it plus its an extra portion towards her 5 a day.

kellysomer said:
Get a beaker with a character he likes on it and a really funky curly or twisty straw and then give him a milkshake before bed, Isla loves to make milkshake with me, grab a handful or strawberries/banana and milk (maybe a tiny bit of icecream too for a treat) and then let them slurp away, i bet he wont resist it for long. Isla does this at night now and loves it plus its an extra portion towards her 5 a day.

this sounds like a good idea :cheer:

Hi hun, I sympathise. It is difficult to just stop, but sometimes you need to. I havent had this problem, but a friend of mine did with her little girl. This was her solution:
In the build-up to Christmas Jasmine (my friend's LO) was asking for a variety of toys, and Mum and Jas agreed that they were "big girl" toys, without making any more comments. As Christmas came, Mum suggested the writing of a list for Santa. One day, about ten/fifteen days before Christmas, Mum pointed out to Jas that all the things she wanted from Santa were "big girl" toys, but that Santa might not believe she was a "big girl", given that she still had a baby bottle. She left her to stew with that. She then suggested that when Jassie left her treat for the reindeers and Santa, she should also leave the bottles, as Santa would use them to feed the baby reindeer, and it would also prove to hime that she WAS a big girl! A bit long-winded, but it worked!!! :dance: :dance: She asked a couple of times after Christmas, but Mum reminded her that the bottles had gone with Santa. She accepted that, no problem, they only had tears one evening. :cheer: :cheer:

Hope this helps

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111