Need serious help!

sarahmc89

Reaction score
I am currently 18 weeks pregnant but lost my job just before we found out I was pregnant. I have been trying to apply for new jobs since then, but no one replies, now I am starting to show I am worried that it will be even harder to get a job because of the bump. My boyfriend is in his final year at University and his student loan is coming to under £50 a month. At the minute he is on a full time placement where he earns too much for me to claim anything to help with the bills/rent for our flat. I have been told that I can't even claim for contributions job seekers as I don't have enough national insurance credits.

We recently re-registered with the housing association near to the hospital/doctors and family support. But they state that because we had a choice to renew the lease on our current flat but declined to do so (because we couldnt afford to) that we are making ourselves homeless and won't be entitled to anywhere to live. So as it stands, we have no money to afford a private let house (even with housing benefits we wouldn't be able to afford anything), and our lease runs out on the 7th of September.

What do I do? We are all going to be homeless with no money, and the government is not willing to help anyone who doesn't have a vodka bottle or a needle sticking out of their arm! Any advice would really help :( All the stress is giving me really bad stomach pains.

Last edited:
Can you make an appt with DWP for advice?

Already been down to the job centre after applying online etc, they weren't able to help, suggested speaking with my GP and trying for sickness benefits until my boyfriend goes back to Uni. Applied for housing benefits to be back dated on our current flat which might help us out in the future money wise but not right now.

Trying to get to the citizen's advice place for their drop in session as it's impossible to get through on the phone to any government advice line and so expensive to wait on hold for half the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back