Need help please RE Cow and Gate hungry baby milk

beth3735

Reaction score
I have put my little man on the cow and gate hungry baby milk today. He was on SMA White and was taking 4 and half oz but this wasnt settling him. he wanted to feed every 2 hours but i managed to feed him every 3 hours

Well today i used this cow and gate and all Joe has done is sleep. He has fallen asleep after taking 3 oz leaving 2oz in bottle. I have had to wake him every 3 hours to get him to take another bottle.

Should I leave him sleeping till he wakes for a feed? Is it normal to sleep for so long. Im only not used to this long sleep as he was waking so often for feeds on SMA that i now think something is wrong with him :D
Cant win can i lol :lol:

Why did you go on to cow&gate hungry baby? do SMA not do anything the same? its can make them have a bit of an iffy tummy if you completely change their brand of milk.

Also i would say there was no reason to put him on hungry baby milk at all at his age 4 and a half oz is fine, if it is not settling him give him more and if he only takes 4 and a half oz in one go but wants it every 2 hours give it to him every 2 hours. I would say he is far to young yet for hungry baby milk.

Feed him when he asks for it you dont have to wake him up for a feed.

I hope that helps

I changed to cow and gate as have read so many better reviews about it settling a hungry baby.

SMA do do a hungry baby milk which is the SMA White. That didnt do anything for him though.

Unfortunatly i cant feed him every 1 and half hours - 2 when he wants it as I have 2 other children to look after. So we really need to be strict in the feeding pattern. May seem cruel but we just need it to work around the whole family

I feel like im doing everything wrong this time round. When I had my girls they settled into a routine by 3 weeks and they seem to pick things up quickly.

I just cant seem to make this little one happy :(

hi Hun, I breast fed my Ryan for a month and he wanted feeding every hour which I couldn't cope with. So I put him on cow and gate for hungry babies. To start with he was taking 5oz every 90mins. So I upped it to 6oz and he still only went 2 hours :shock: he kept this up until I started weaning him at 3.5 months. Then he had 7oz every 3 hrs and solids at meal times. (he sleeps 11 hrs at night) he is still in this routine now. I think its just that he's a very hungry baby. He was 10lb 7.5oz at birth. If you need any advice feel free to pm me xx :hug:

Hoi ya, hungry baby milk does keep a baby filled much longer then othee milks, and as your baby is so young he will probably feel very filled and will sleep a lot as newborns tend too.

My daughter is on the same stuff and as a newborn would sleep for hours and hungry baby kept her very content.Shes still very content now with it as well and helps her sleep at night.

I really wouldnt advise hungry baby milk yet either. Coz when ur baby is 3months and REALLY hungry you'll have nothing to step up to!

I tried to fed Kyran every three hours to start with and it was getting me nowhere. He's 100% better if i fed him when he asks for it. If you want to stick with cow and gate maybe try the cow and gate comfort. If he asks for feed every 2hours then give it to him. If hes still hungry give him a bit more if he doesnt want the full bottle then dont give it to him. Newborns are so awkward you just have to wait for them to start settling into a pattern and dont try to rush them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back