Need help my 6 year old is acting like a baby!!!

MissSara

Reaction score
Well i don't know what it is but for the last week now Harrison is acting like he is going backwards in age, he is talking like a baby and i am struggling to hear what he is saying, jumping round like a caged animal all the time making funny noises and things that he hasn't wanted to do in years he suddenly wants to do, such has get in our bed at night, refusing to eat his dinner unless i am feeding him and things like that.

I thought after a few days he was going to stop, i keep telling him to talk properly or i'm not going to answer him and that he is a big boy and not a baby but he just doesn't listen.

We think it has something to do with the baby, as we now have a bedroom full of baby things and a moses basket set up in their so maybe he just wants to sleep with us because of that, but i dont know how to stop him acting like a baby. His teacher has said at school he is fineits just when we get home and in the house. We went to my parents yesterday and he was fine while we were there aswell.

Any advice would be great? Any at all as im unsure when he is going to stop this and how to go about making him stop.
Did anyone else have these kind of problems???

I'll guarantee its due to the baby coming....Tia was older but she was clingy and jealous and still is in a way... I have to out of my way to make her feel special... I would tell her that she would always be my first and always my favourite princess (and lil miss is my favourite lil miss :) ) She was heavily involved in all baby issues including name selection and that I needed her to be grown up because she was going to have to look after the baby... I loved her and trusted her.... whenever I meet anyone I always tell them that Tia is the most amazing big sister in the world and I couldn't have hoped for anyone else so wonderful as her to be a big sister... basically I have to constantly re enforce her importance and pecking order.... but we still have moments ...but what kid isn't jealous of their sibling at some point :roll:

We had a "big boy " chat last night before bed we all sat down and spoke about how he will be a really good big brother and his little brother will watch how big he is and think that he just wants to be like him and so far it seemed to work, we have included him form day one in this pregnancy the only thing we drew the line on was him naming baby "spongebob"....lol.

He did his spellings and reading last night amazingly so we praised that alot and made him out to be the clever brother and he will be able to teach all this to the new baby.

Lets hope he comes home from school back to the old harrison, i think the main thing now is that i have to keep reasuring him that he will be helping mummy when baby arrives and he has to be the big boy.

It's totally normal, Paris was the same and it got worse once Harrison arrived. Just get him involved if you can (picking clothes etc). I put my foot down with paris (she's almost 8) and didn't allow her into our bed, despite her trying.

She's still awfully jealous but she lashes out at me not the baby :hug:

Mason also went through a bit of a babyish phase when I had brody

All of the above, and one other thing that works for me. I try to give each child a special day just with me or with me and dad every three months, without siblings. It is a special treat, not necessarily expensive, but an outing only for the child in question. They rotate, one every month and it works. They may or may not have input into what we do on their day, depending on all sorts of factors, but the question is that they have a special day each.
I think it just helps them to remember that to me they are all different people and that i and their dad love them each in different ways, just for what and who they are.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

James started acting babyish for a few days after logan arrived....babytalk, crawling, even wanting me to breastfeed him! (had to explain he was too old) :shock: apparantly its very common.

we've found praising james a lot, and telling him what a good big brother he is has helped. he seems quite proud of being a big brother now and is very affectionate towards logan.

your little boy should be fine, he's just adjusting to the change

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back