• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

need advice-

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
My daughter is nearly six weeks old- she awas prem and spend 4 weeks in the NICU. We have had her home for 2 weeks and all was going well- but for the past week she has been sick after every feed. Not always a lot but sometimes the whole bottle. I breastfeed also and this also happens. last night was hideous and really distressing. I'm convinced she must have brought back her last 2 feeds. My husband is away for 2 weeks working and I feel like a nervous wreck! I will speak to my HV today but any thoughts or advice in the meantime would be great.

Hi

Could it be a pocket of wind? Does it help if you wind her after every ounce or so?

Sorry I don't know anything else to suggest but hopefully others will reply soon.

Lucy

It could be wind but sounds more like reflux, alot of prems suffer with this. Do you express/give formula or exclusively breastfeed? Ask you HV to prescrbie you some Gaviscon sachets so you can give to your daughter before feeds or mixed in with a bottle. Is this doesn't work after a week or two her milk may have to be changed to a thickened formula milk or she might need some medication (which isnt horrid don't worry).

I have lots of experience with reflux now - hopefully her's isn't that bad or could just be wind, but shout if you need to ask any questions. Doctors aren't always that helpful though as until you have been through having a child with reflux, you won't understand hwo to deal with it. I knwo if you breastfeed, giving up is something you won't want to do, so try every other possible route before giving up and going onto the thickened milks. For me it was our only option to move onto thickened formula, I wouldn't be without it now.

Did she vomit much in the NICU? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back