having some worrys with my little girl

Jazz

Reaction score
My daughter is 6 mths was 5 weeks prem me and my partner are worried about her delopment, she's a slow wait gainner she's 11lb and in new born stuff so small, she smiles a bit but can be a effort to make her smile, she growls and squeal but normally a quiet baby only grizzles if very hungery, she sleeps for 12 hours at night and has 2 or 3 hours awake in the day (not all in one go) a few weeks she triedto sit on her own but then hasn't done it since, we have to surport her head as her head control is hit anf miss. Spoke to healh vistor who said she was still a bit like a new born and wasn't sure why and that wasit. Does it sound normal and we are worried about notting or should I speak to a gp? Any advice be great x

I think ou should speak to GP to see of further tests are needed.she should smile y now and hold her head quite easily but many babies develop different. You shoud though exclude a medical cause for that.

Didnt want to read and run but must be worrying for you. like said above go and see gp and then at least you can channel your worries. hugs x

Hi chick,
My LO was prem as-well, he too has been slow with head control, sitting unaided, rolling etc (he still doesn't move). But his weight gain has been rapid. Did you have a follow up appointment with the pediatricians at the hospital? We had a follow up appointment when LO was 6 months old, they do a very through examination. LO's head control was so poor (he always looked to the right, it was kind of stuck in that position), they suggested scans for him. But before we got to the appointment he suddenly turned a corner, and his head position/control was normal.
I would speak to your GP if your worried, as they will refer you if need be. Premmature babies just need to be given a little extra time to reach their milestones xxxxx

Wanted to send hugs - must be a worry for you. Just to put my own mind at ease I would go to
My gp and push for further tests and appointments. I don't know
Enough about prem babies; mine was 2 weeks late! X

We had one appoment because a gp who did jabs was worried she wasn't doing what she was and how she seams to do a new thing and then slip bak, at appoiment they said she's prem and its first timeparent worries. My partners mum has 3 children and said she's bit concered she's had 2 prem babie. I think I will tyr new gp she has second jabs on 12 will ask then

Like the others said I would speak to gp or HV again. It can take a while for prem babies to catch up that's why they use the adjusted age for the first year. Kynon was 4 weeks prem (5 by my dates) and I've noticed he is about a month behind so about right for his adjusted age but his weight gain has been rapid. He seems slower with head control but is smiling. Is she doing things a four and half month old would be? I would trust your motherly instincts about if you feel her development isnt as it should be but try not to compare her to other 6 month olds x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back