Need advice on best make

marie_77

Reaction score
i am going to get a new dryer and would be grateful if anyone can give me a brand of make they have used that has been reliable. I have a broken down hop point condenser and in the 3 yrs ive had it it broke down at least 10 times with a new baby i need something reliable as my older son still wets at night and i have loads of washing on a daily basis.

thanks in advance

marie x
35 weeks today

I was asking My Mum about dryers, she has had quite a few. I was going to get a hotpoint but not a condenser. Apparently the condensers take MUCH longer to dry and use tons more elecrtic than a vented one.

x

Ive only ever had one and this is a hotpoint creda, lasted well considering it gets used most days.

Not sure if it's the best advice but ours is a Hotpoint Aquarius that we've had 7 years and the only thing that's wrong with it is the timer's broken so it doesn't switch itself off. We have to carry an egg timer round with us when the dryer's on :lol: Apart from that, it's been fine. Why not try the "Which" report thingy on-line?

We have a Hotpoint condenser drier and I have to say - it's great! :D

ours is a white knight vent one, it only cost 99 and its been battered and moved about soo many times and its still running strong

ill be getting a combined hotpoint washer dryer when I move into my new place. No idea if they're the best but my uncle works for hotpoint so he can come and repair if there is any fault!!

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius Washer/Drier and TBH it's not the best drier it seems to take ages to dry. My old tumble drier was Zanussi and that was really good.

i think most washer dryers take alot longer, and its a pain not being able to wash and dry stuff at same time.

had one once but never again

I had a hotpoint washer/dryer and must say i wasnt keen at all. That's why i got a seperate dryer.

Id deffo get seperates if you have the room/money as they are deffo better.

But yes try that which as it's very good at giving good reports.

yep if you can get separates they are better. my uncle despairs that im getting a combined but alas there is no space.

I have a combined washer/dryer too but I have a small flat so no choice really.

I don't use the dryer at all - only sometimes for things that don't take long but there isn't enough space for them to dry on the airer (no garden either :()

I think the key with condenser driers is to keep them really clean - fluff free and ensure the water is always emptied and unclog the actual condenser on a regular basis (I do ours in the bath with the shower) and to not overload them.

Thanks everyone, interesting hoppoint came up trumps. Got to go and get one sorted tomorrow keep puting it off not as exciting as going baby shopping :D
Hopefully my next dryer will not be a problem like my last one!

marie x
35 wks today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back