Neat and tidy bump

indigo

Reaction score
This is probably a really naive question, but if someone describes your bump as neat and tidy is it a complement or a backhanded insult? I've been pondering this since yesterday when a shop assistant described my bump as this when they realised I was a week over due.

I can't work out if it means something along the lines of 'your bump looks like it's all baby, no extra weight' (i.e. complement) or 'for someone who is carrying so much extra weight, your bump is remarkably small' (i.e. backhanded insult).

Can someone clear this up for me please as it's going round in my head!!

Thank you x

I have been told i'm all bump and that it's neat and tidy but mine has no stretch marks or anything so I just take it as a complement, i'm sure no harm was meant by it. x

I'd say compliment! Also it's quite a cliched thing to say so a lot of the time people who aren't sure what to say (but still feel the need to comment) just say stuff that they've heard other people say iykwim!

I'd say compliment too! I'm definitely not at the end yet, but I've been reading that you can be all sorts of lumpy (bad term perhaps) depending on how baby is sitting. I'd take "neat and tidy" as you having a cute bump! :)

Last edited:
Yey, I'll go with that :) thank you!

I did actually say thank you to her...well, I said "Umm...thank you?" I didn't really know what else to say and was trying to escape lol!

It's definately a compliment hun - absolutly sure on that, I have always been told I have a neat and tidy bump, meaning small, mine are never huge and mostly baby. You can relax and be really pleased with your bumpage now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back