nausea and insomnia.... the list goes on.....

furbaby

Reaction score
So the title says it all- the throwing up is definitely getting better but the nausea isn't and numerous tablets haven't stopped the actual feeling of nausea- I can only do an activity like ironing for an hour before I am completely wiped out and back on the sofa feeling tired and drained :(

The insomnia is still prevalent getting to sleep is fine but getting up to pee means taking hours to go back to sleep and if i don't get up to pee then something else will wake me up.......
and the sleep I do get never feels deep I always feel as if I am just dozing

...and the newest symptom is low down pelvis pain, dr said I could get this worse anyway because I am already overweight but i didn't count on it starting this soon....

I sound like I'm griping but in many ways I don't mind the symptoms of pregnancy even if I seem to have every bloody thing going, but I hate feeling like a failure - I have been signed off work for 2 weeks at a time since the beginning of november (every 2 weeks I phone up and request a new sick note) and at this stage I don't see myself being able to go back to work (care assistant in an elderly nursing/ dementure home) for the rest of my pregnancy, as my consultant even said especially the back/ pelvis pain is likely to get worse not better. I feel a bit like a fraud as again many pregnant women manage to work even in physically challenging jobs.

My husband said 'not every women takes to pregnancy, pregnancy just doesn't suit you' and he meant it as a reassuring way of saying it's not my fault but it made me feel like a bit of a failure as a woman too :(

Thanks for listening to my moans ladies xxxxxxxxx

Aww hunny :hugs: unfortunately some people suffer so much more during pregnancy than others. As for being signed off work that can't be helped when working with elderly, u need to think of u and ur baby now. It's sucks not being able to do stuff but eventually it will all be worth it.

Ur definitely not a failure for needing to be off work, I was off work for 2 months and only been back 3 weeks tomorrow and I've just had 2 days off because I just didn't have the energy to move, plus my nausea came back. I work as a cleaner for 28 hrs a week so not quite full time, but I really struggle to get through my shifts, wish I could afford to stop working to be honest.

I get fed up all the time and just wish pregnancy didn't have to be so rough going, I can honestly say I hate it :shock: but I know when I hold my baby I will forget all the horribleness of pregnancy, even though it doesn't feel like it right now. Xxx

Aww kanga I'm so sorry that you've had a rough time of it too :( I agree with you I HATE pregnancy but I know it will all be worth it in the end, however I feel awful for saying it but I'd hesitate before considering another baby - which makes me sad (here's hoping if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again it won't be so bad)

I really do need to keep reminding myself its all worth it especially when I hold my little boy :) xxx

I know I feel the same, would I really put myself through this again for another baby. I'm hoping I change my mind once baby is here. That or this is just a one off. My grandma was ill for the whole 9 months with her 1st and then with my mum and other aunt she had no sickness or nausea at all, so have some hope :) xx

I am so sorry you ladies have been having such a rough time at the moment :(
I was signed off for 2 weeks just before xmas there is no shame in it,

I had almost worked myself into a huge pit of tiredness and lethargy and without realising it had used all my energy stores!!!

I was signed off with Fatigue and I literally slept for about a week :) it was awesome, i was told by my doc to follow what my body is telling me, if it is telling me to go lay down go lay down, if it's telling you it's hungry ...eat.

Not much help I know but I hope both of yours eases up soon.

xxx

Aww thanks Bella, being off sick at the moment does give me the freedom to do what my body tells me I suppose I'm almost more worried about goi g back to a physically demanding job after 3 months even more pregnant and I don't know if I'll cope even on half days (6hrs) unfortuantly there is no where else they can move me! :(

And Kanga you've given me some hope!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back