Seeing the Dr this morning really concerned :(

furbaby

Reaction score
I'm really worried because I'm scared i'll be sent back to work...

I've been signed off sick the last 2 months because of nausea/ vomiting and insomnia and whilst the anti medics have helped to a certain degree I still have triggers - bad smells, lots of movement etc.....

New symptoms are pelvic / groin/ back pain

Anyway I called to request a new sick note and dr has refused to write me one until she sees me..... And I am terrified that she'll say she thinks I should go back to work as my job is full of pungent smells and physically demanding (health care assistant elderly and dementure home) I honestly don't think I could cope :(

The dr I am seeing (the only one with a free slot today) is Dr T and in the past she hadn't seemed the kindest she actually said to me once 'think of women in Africa who do physically stress ful work and have babies all the time, they just have to get on with it!'

:( I just don't think I could cope back at work ( no less physical job I could do) and trust me if I could cope I would as we have a baby coming and we could really use my complete pay

:(

Aww honey I hate it with doctors ;like that, the one who gave me my sicknote just kind of looked at me as if to sya everyone gets tired!

Just try and stay as calm as possible and explain about the different smells the movemets you can't do etc and I will keep my fingers toes and everything else crossed for you

xxx

Thankyou I have everything crossed, it's just this dr can be really impolite - I hope I'm wrong and she'll be nicer or at least more understanding today and not make 'women in third world country' comments but she isn't known for tact...

Once when I was really worried about a miscarriage (and I still freak out occasionally) she just said 'if your pregnancy is going to abort it will' she may think brutal honesty helps but it kind of just freaked me out more! She then sighed and said 'i suppose you'll want a sick note then?' as this was at the beginning of my pregnancy 14 weeks I said 'no actually I would not' and I have managed so far to see other drs (who have been great) but now I have to see DR T :(

XxxxxX

awww hunny, I hope the doctor is in a good friendly mood today and I hope she will listen to u regarding the bad smells setting u off and the fact that ur struggling with back pain too :hugs: xx

OMG worring over there are 2 Dr T's at my surgery and this lady was fab and I mean FAB she greeted me with a super smile and a handshake and was like 'oh you don't want to go back there! when does your maternity start?' then she signed me of this the 1st of march and was super friendly and gave me under the lip tabs to see if it stops nausea! she even did a cookie monster impression! she asked me if I eat before going to bed and when i said no she told me that as I have a baby in my belly my metabolism doesn't stop and the baby is going 'nomnomnomnomnomnom' all night- she made me laugh so much (she did this with her hands in the hair doing a cookie monster impression!)

AMAZING DR I really hope if anyone is in the same boat they get an equally amazing dr!

xxxxxx

so glad u had a lovely doctor in the end, and signed off til march at least u don't have to worry about keep going back for sick notes for a while xx

That is very good and I am so pleased to hear it.....................now where can I find me a doctor like that to untie my legs from crossing them :)

That's a brilliant result. There's nothing worse than having to go back to work when you're still so poorly, and if you're anything like me being stressed makes the nausea worse!

Stressing does make me feel worse and certainly doesn't help the 'pregnancy induced insomnia' I honestly don't know if I could cope with a desk job but I know I can't cope with being on my feet for hours at a time and obv the smells are incredibly strong..... I just feel so relieved

Love to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back