Overdue?? top tips please put what worked for you here.

Natural mamma

Reaction score
I have gone two weeks over with all four of my babies.
1. TWIDDLE YOUR NIPPLES
(for about 20mins it begins to hurt but sets off painful braxton hix which ripen your cervix and in one case with me set me off into labour and broke my waters.)

2. CASTOR OIL yes i did it i went into labour the following morning. I took under advice from my dutch homeopathist at 42 wks, 15ml in a liittle fresh pineapple juice, i had a large an painless bowl movement but no pain or cramping, took around 8pm and woke up with mild contractions the midwife was due and examined me i was 3 1/2 cm dialted. So i found it very gentle and effective. And i didn't poo myself in labour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SEX the emzymes in sperm eat away at your mucus plug. (put your legs up the wall afterwards to make sure it puddles around your cervix).

4.PINEAPPLE.. eating plenty fresh pineapple does the trick as it has some chemical reaction in your body that produces oxytocin.

WHATS YOUR ADVICE?????

1. TWIDDLE YOUR NIPPLES
Rubbish... (I've done this every day since my consultant said lil miss is all ready to go, and i've been really nasty with em too.. and not a single bh... :( )

2. CASTOR OIL
Rubbish (tried it with Tia and it just made me vomit constantly and she still didn't arrive until T+8)

3. SEX
Rubbish (even the rough stuff from behind.. although it's great fun.. and a brilliant excuse ;) )

4.PINEAPPLE..
Rubbish... (also after an enormous economy sized tin of pineapple about a week ago, my heart burn has been 10x worse)

I'm still here.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Also Curries don't work... I had one last night in the hopes that as the plugs gone I might encourage labour... But NOOOOOOOO ... nothing.. not even a twinge... also Long Walks... that's rubbish.. climbing stairs.. (I live on the second floor, no lift) that's rubbish...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tried everything with Tia .. and she was STILL late.. In fact the night before she arrived was the night I said s*d it all, I wasn't going to try anything anymore...

Babies come when the want to... and theres nothing anyone can do if they just don't want to.. :rotfl:

midna said:
My advice do nothing they dont come unless they really wanna lol ...I tried all the above ...she still didnt budge till T + 13. !!!! :D

Try the sex bit coz its fun 8)

I'm with midna and squiglet on this one, nothing really works... i tried everything: walking up and down the stairs, HOT curries, pineapple, sex, squats (to help push bubs into the pelvis), long walks, driving over speed bumps and down bumpy roads...

NOTHING worked, except the threat of a stretch and sweep when i was 6 days over!!! :rotfl:

Ahh well didn't work for you girlies....but hey everyone is different.....

I definitleyl had undoubted success with the first two as i described....

us ladies will try anything it seems

Me personally to save being induced artifically with chemicals in hospital when you want a home birth (had this with first and ain't doing that again NIGHTMARE).

Apparently just the treat of induction works quite well... I know loads of people who get their induction dates booked and pop before then.. I know I did.. :) ...

Ooo I forgot bum shuffling down stairs... jumping up and down... pushing down on the bump... shouting at the bump to come out.... and trying to give yourself your own personal sweep.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes I've been busy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nothing.

Baby comes when baby is ready. End of.

I know how frustratiing it is though :x

Squiglet said:
Ooo I forgot bum shuffling down stairs... jumping up and down... pushing down on the bump... shouting at the bump to come out.... and trying to give yourself your own personal sweep.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes I've been busy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: i live in a 3rd floor apartment with a lift and stairs (don't know if people use the stairs :think: ), i don't know what the neighbours would think if they saw me!!

I have tried practicaly all of the above over the last week and nothing has worked so I am just going to wait and try and be patient now 8) :rotfl:

Not sure how high my patience levels are though....

I think things work on how ripe your cervix is - you may as well try these things as theu dont hurt.

Sex got imogen going, but it had to be very vigerous and i had to be on top, has worked both times!

Never tried the pineapple though or castor oil

i personally think, nothing works.
if do something and happen go in to labour, i think just down fact you was ready to go in to labour.

nothing worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back