nasty boss

hardtolove

Reaction score
soo frustrated ...having alot of probs during this pregnancy ...with bleeding and stuff...told my boss ...in confidence...then a girl at work asked me if i was "coming back" i said what??? and she back tracked saying after lunch ...i know that my boss has told staff and after my last ectopic then miscarriage i thought she would keep stum !! had a few mornings off for appts at epu and have had time docked from my wages??? i thought u got paid for antenatal appts??dont even want to go back monday...got told off for eating a bag of crisps too!! really dont want to go back i thought after 5 yeaRS AT A COMPANY THEY WOULD GIVE YOU A BIT OF SLACK...SORRY RANT OVER :(

How horrible Hun :hugs:
I also thought that you were entitled to maternity care without your wages being effected??? xx

ooooooh get on the ball mrs! u need to write your boss a VERY nice letter of complaint and questioning? try and find out for sure if people know first and hit him where it hurts! xx

Do you have a hr department or a maternity policy? If you do get in touch with them or read the policy but first like piglet says get the facts pregnancy hormones can make us a touch sensitive lol x

Pretty sure they can't dock your wages!!! As that's discriminating against you cuz your pregnant!! That's terrible, hope you get sorted hun

Hi
Sorry to hear your boss is being like this. If you told her in confidence she has broken the law by telling others. Knowledge is power and you can get in touch with ACAS for proper legal advice on maternity issues. They will give you full support and advice on talking to your boss and human resources department, you don't have to be attached to a union or anything, ACAS are available to all employees whether full time or part time.
I'm taking a previous boss to tribunal because of the stress he caused me, don't make the mistake I did of trying to deal with it on your own, yours and your baby's health are far more important than any boss.
Good luck hunny xxxxxxxxxxx

^^wss I work in hr and they can't dock your wages as it's discrimination! With regards to her telling everyone too....that's bang out of order. I would definitely speak to your hr dept or ACAS about putting in a complaint, it can be a tiring hormonal time being pregnant without them adding to the stress! I hope you get sorted hun xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I think as long as you've given them adequate proof that you were at pregnancy related appts they have to pay you! Good luck

HI hun,

in relation to time off for ante natal, you are permitted "reasonable time off" which means that as long as you work for more than half of the day or clock out and come back, they must pay you in full. You do not need to supply them with proof of pregnancy... they will get this anyway when you hand them your mat b1 form when you are about 25 weeks.

Your boss is definitely in the wrong by telling other members of staff... you need to raise this with your personnel department and get them to have a good talking to your boss xxx

Goog advice baby brain, i feel so much more relaxed about my stupid boss now! I feel for you hardtolove, i have a scary boss too :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back